News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Clash of Monarchs Thread

Started by Delirium, March 11, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

AAR suspended until the forum doesn't blow.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

File sent, along with a couple of rules question, first on Tamas' move (which is really important/disastrous :bleeding: ), and then on a French LWV! dual activation, if I have to activate the CiC first...

Anyway, activating D'Estrees and Broglie, preferrably Broglie first, and asking for interruptions.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

I think you can activate them in any order - if this was restricted, I imagine it would say so.

And I do not have any interrupts.

Note: I noticed this recently in the rules - when you are down to a single tactic left to be drawn, you should add your discards back to the pool BEFORE drawing the next chit.

An interesting tweak, IMO. Makes it so that you and the other players cannot ever be certain about what is coming out...well, mostly anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on March 23, 2009, 06:34:04 AMAnyway, activating D'Estrees and Broglie, preferrably Broglie first, and asking for interruptions.

I have Poor Forage, Bad Fodder to use on the biggest of the two armies.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2009, 07:58:23 AM
An interesting tweak, IMO. Makes it so that you and the other players cannot ever be certain about what is coming out...well, mostly anyway.

Yeah, I realised that as well. Finally.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

We did some counting and realised that there is no way we can avoid Austrian defeat next year through Monarchial Will at 0. With the game's troubled history I've therefore decided to throw in the towel and yield victory sooner rather than later to the Prussians and their hapless allies, the English, and the game is over.

Tamas

Quote from: Delirium on March 23, 2009, 03:36:39 PM
We did some counting and realised that there is no way we can avoid Austrian defeat next year through Monarchial Will at 0. With the game's troubled history I've therefore decided to throw in the towel and yield victory sooner rather than later to the Prussians and their hapless allies, the English, and the game is over.

What the flying fuck.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2009, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Delirium on March 23, 2009, 03:36:39 PM

What the flying fuck.

You cannot possibly be serious.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned