News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Clash of Monarchs Thread

Started by Delirium, March 11, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Still waiting on Del. As usual. Man that guy is slow!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

And we're off into 1758.

With Daun's army positioned to pluck Dresden (the crown jewel of Frederick's Saxon conquest), the Prussian king sees no recourse but to go contest the entire region with as much force as possible.  Frederick has joined up with Schwerin and is positioned to deal a crippling blow to Daun's forces when the cowardly Austrian shows himself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Tamas

Frederick's Wrath has seen Henry go home, for a while at least.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Delirium

The secondary French army under Broglie advanced on the mighty fortress of Kassel, and the garrison immediately laid down their weapons and were granted honours of war. +1 vp to teh France!

England is up.

Habbaku

;D A completely unbiased story.  Kassel was ungarrisoned (in the game, small garrisons are assumed to exist, but they number no more than 100+ troops) and stood no chance.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

The fortress was still mighty, only desolate.  :D

Berkut

Britains was outraged by the constant negative reporting out of Westphalia, and the shoddy journalism resulted in the removal of Cumberland (who wasn't even in charge anymoer! Poor guy) and additional support for the war effort.

Ferdinand immediately moved to Braunschweig Gifhorn, where he has 4 MPs remaining. Would de'Estress care to try for an intercept?

I went ahead and rolled it, and he did successfully intercept, if he wants.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I am guessing that Del won't intercept into my trenches, and I am impatient, so Ferdy is going to attack de' Estrees in Hannover.

I can play two tactics, and my first is Able Advisor.

Del (assuming you don't cancel all this with some interrupt), you are up to play a tactic, and then I will likely play another.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I sent the file out with my tactic draw and play, so Del can draw an play one if he desires. I am guessing he will. Probably has that damn Arrogance one.

0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, afer some instructions from Del, we had a pleasant battle, where we both inflicted 3D2 losses, which demoralized the French who were forced to retreat.

Over to Russia.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I forgot to put the DM marker on de 'Estrees.

0 rows returned