News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Clash of Monarchs Thread

Started by Delirium, March 11, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I believe I'm to redeploy first, doing that now.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

File sent, Tamas is up for redeployment, rule 20.6, and apply 4 forage points of recovery.

Then we may begin the Summer 1758 season!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

I just sent out Britains redeployment.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Berkut

Well, that was a productive weekend. Out-freaking-standing.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Tamas

I am back with my redeployment.

For forage points recovery, remove two each from Saxony and Bohemia, please.

And in the last 48 hours I had 3 hours of sleep, so sorry but after my Spring, I am not rushing anything. :P

Berkut

You know Tamas, if you have something going on and you know you won't be able to get to the game in a timely manner, a short note would not be out of line.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2009, 07:47:21 AM
You know Tamas, if you have something going on and you know you won't be able to get to the game in a timely manner, a short note would not be out of line.

Yes and usually I do note you guys.

Berkut

OK, into Spring now, the Brits just drew their hand, and the Prussians as well.

Tamas, is there any reason to think you won't be back to your normal at least daily updates?

0 rows returned

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Quote from: szmik on March 16, 2009, 01:28:50 PM
may I see current on-map situation?

Certainly.

First up is the situation in East Prussia.  The Russian army, without a proper siege train, but with some degree of support from their navy, managed to make quite a bit of progress...but not quite enough.  Konigsberg, under the wise defensive plans of Winterfeldt, held out for the entire season (and ended up resulting in over 10,000 Russian casualties in the process) and shows no sign of falling, now that its walls have been repaired and reinforced.  Let the barbarians try and take it again!

Next up is the situation in Germany, specifically Westphalia.  After the debacle of being driven out of the Electorate of Hanover, Cumberland was relieved of command and, instead, Ferdinand the Magnificent assigned in his place.  Under his leadership, the mighty, combined Anglo-Allied forces will surely drive the French menace--which is certainly menacing, indeed, considering how /many/ of them there are--back to their own borders and beyond.

Lastly, the border between Prussia and Austria.  Daun's clever feint of leaving Nadasdy's forces out as bait to be beaten up while the main Austrian army proceeded to sack the Electorate of Saxony has worked, but not for long.  With the new year, Frederick's army has achieved immense size and is even more powerful than the previous year, owing to an increased artillery park.  Daun will likely retreat and give up his Saxon fortresses rather than fight, I am sure.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Guys, I'm pretty sure I've cheated and drew six cards for Russia last turn instead of only four. Since I didn't accomplish anything anyway I don't think I benefited too much, but still. A suggestion is to randomly discard two cards before drawing my hand this turn.

Berkut

0 rows returned