News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Clash of Monarchs Thread

Started by Delirium, March 11, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Is that the drunken Tel Aviv stripper?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on March 13, 2009, 11:16:29 AM
Quote from: Delirium on March 13, 2009, 09:01:26 AM
Austria done, Berk is up, then Prussia.

No, Austria isn't done.

You didn't pay to sustain your FDs (2 SAs/Thalers per) and I really have no idea how you came up with your recruitment numbers.  You rolled three dice (6, 6, 4) and added 6 and got...a 10, somehow (that's what matches your infantry SPs, anyway) and you recruited your cavalry as if you had rolled a 14-17.

Even if you cannot recruit the number of infantry rolled on the chart, you still have to pay the thalers listed for the amount you rolled--in this case, you have to pay 12 thalers, not 5.

Alright, I asked CB to add +6 to my 3d6, thats how it came up with the result of 10. I applied that correctly. So don't blame me.

I did forget the FDs - I take the blame for that.

I am a bit drunk right now and have to get up very early for work, so the correction will have to wait until I arrive and sort stuff out at the office. I don't get how CB gave me a result of 10.  But it did, and considering that, all I made wrong was not paying for the FDs, so do get off my case. :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2009, 04:36:09 PM
Alright, I asked CB to add +6 to my 3d6, thats how it came up with the result of 10. I applied that correctly. So don't blame me.

6 + 6 + 4 + 6 != 10.  I will not blame you, but, instead, your stellar math skills.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on March 14, 2009, 01:52:32 AM
Corrected.  :-[

It's times like this that I miss the :frusty: smilie.

First off, you moved your MW, not your thalers.  Though I don't mind the Austrian MW going down to 2, I think you might not like that.  Your thalers (before your correction) are at 5.  You'll either have to tally credit or take a Financial Straits hit to pay for your stuff.

You also recruited past your army limit.  Austria is only allowed to have a maximum of 65 line infantry SPs, counting prisoners in that total.  You'll need to reduce your line infantry SPs down to that amount somehow (making sure you take from the places you put troops in).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Place your MW marker back to 14. Tally credit of 7 thalers, reduce MW by one. Pay the 12 thalers for recruiting. And don't forget to pay for the artillery.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The Imperial treasury should be up another thaler, as well.  I think Tamas missed Mecklenburg when counting up their funds.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

You have 71 sp on the map right now, need to remove 6 from those you placed.

Better yet, just tell me which ones to remove and I'll do the file for you if you like.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

ALMOST fixed. This time I counted line cavalry into the limit as well.  :D

Del, please just place the missing number to 65 as infantry to Leipzig, I took 10 inf. from there, and I removed a '2' cavalry from Daun.

Delirium

I'm sorry, I don't follow. There was no file in the email you just sent out. If there wasn't supposed to be one, I don't get your instructions. :)

Tamas

Delirium

Now you removed 12 sp down to 59, don't know why you did that?

But I forgot to count the 2 sp in the prisoners box, so you really have 61 sp on map. Even though we're supposed to have exchanged prisoners, it's up to Frederick to decide who to release, so he'll probably release an imperial sp for his own.

Anyway, there should be 4 additional sp in Leipzig I presume. And why did you remove cavalry? Did you recruit too many? Cause they're not included in the overall limit.

Oh, and I think you're removed from the responsibility of actually doing a file next winter and only get to post instructions. ;)

Delirium

Had a few minutes at my disposal, so I actually did the Austrian math:

1. Before you started recruiting at all, you had 36 line infantry on the map and 2 as POWs.

2. Your force pool and your losses (which we for some reason keep on the turn track and not in the force pool) amount to 27 sps.

3. According to the scenario, this is correct, Au starting with 59 sp on map, 6 in the force pool.

4. You can recruit 27 sp. You can have 65 sp in total, 63 on map +2 as POW.

5. Regarding the cavalry, you received 5 steps, replenishing the two line cav and entering the lt cav is 4, the fifth cannot be placed.

Correcting file sent, over to Prussia.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Prussian recruitment's over and done with, as is the rest of my spring phase.

Off to Tamas to assign his recovery points, then to redeploy.  Others may do the same in the mean time.

-J. R. R. Tolkien