News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Clash of Monarchs Thread

Started by Delirium, March 11, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Turned out I was right about the no movement thing so there wasn't much action this round. The Russians failed the siege roll vs Königsberg (a 1 in 6) and let loose some cossacks on the East Prussian countryside instead.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

First thing in Winter is a FoW draw, only one left, desertion. France and Prussia lose 4 each, Austria 2 and the Imperials 1. I need instructions on which ones to ditch.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Tamas is up to perform Austrian winter stuffage and to draw his card/play.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Okay come on, let's breathe some air into this one.

Berkut

So tamas....you seem rather ambivalent about this game. Which is odd, since I think the rest of us are having a pretty good time.

Care to share with us your angst?

or maybe you could just open the file up, draw a card, play it, you know - YOUR TURN.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JacobL

Is this the continuation thread of the napoleon game that was started on prior forum? ???

Tamas

Quote from: JacobL on March 12, 2009, 03:10:54 PM
Is this the continuation thread of the napoleon game that was started on prior forum? ???

No, this is our Clash Of Monarchs game, and for the record I did make my move.

Habbaku

Tamas is up to perform his recruitment.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Tamas, before recruiting apply my second file as well with all the clean up, don't want to do that again...

Delirium

Just realised Tamas might not have all the numbers ready. Count up all the green city numbers you control, I got 14 for you and 5 for the Empire. Then you can tally credit (take a loan) and add 7 thalers but lose 1 MW. I already added the French subsidies for your third world countries. Last, you may (must) roll for recruitment.

Delirium

Austria done, Berk is up, then Prussia.

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on March 13, 2009, 09:01:26 AM
Austria done, Berk is up, then Prussia.

No, Austria isn't done.

You didn't pay to sustain your FDs (2 SAs/Thalers per) and I really have no idea how you came up with your recruitment numbers.  You rolled three dice (6, 6, 4) and added 6 and got...a 10, somehow (that's what matches your infantry SPs, anyway) and you recruited your cavalry as if you had rolled a 14-17.

Even if you cannot recruit the number of infantry rolled on the chart, you still have to pay the thalers listed for the amount you rolled--in this case, you have to pay 12 thalers, not 5.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain is done. Back to Austria to fix his mess.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I've decided that I am going to assume that Tamas has an amazing new girlfriend who gives incredible head whenever he wants, and that is why his play has become so spotty, slow and ambivalent.

After all, how can I blame the man for choosing incredible sex with a Hungarian goddess over Clash of Monarchs.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned