Librarytarians rejoice, Ayn Rand hits the big screen!

Started by Razgovory, April 14, 2011, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 16, 2011, 01:09:20 AM
When did you go to Lubbock? You going to TT now?

I remember in 1983 my father interviewed for Chief of Police for Lubbock, TX.  Thank Christ for rejection letters.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fate on April 15, 2011, 11:15:08 PM
I love Roger Ebert's quote:

"Let's say you know the novel, you agree with Ayn Rand, you're an objectivist or a libertarian, and you've been waiting eagerly for this movie. Man, are you going to get a letdown..."  :lmfao:

Don't worry, they're all still going to jizz in their Alan Greenspan jammies and matching bedsheets.

Fate

Last year.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2011, 01:12:05 AM
Isn't medical school supposed to be time-consuming?  :huh:
You definitely have less free time than in undergrad but the first year isn't too bad.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2011, 07:07:17 AM

I remember in 1983 my father interviewed for Chief of Police for Lubbock, TX.  Thank Christ for rejection letters.

I remember in 1989 my father and mother were both offered jobs at both U Hawaii in Honalulu and NTH in Trondheim.

I blame my parents.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 16, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2011, 07:07:17 AM

I remember in 1989 my father and mother were both offered jobs at both U Hawaii in Honalulu and NTH in Trondheim.

I blame my parents.
In 1992, my dad was offered a VP position for a medium-sized multinational where he would have been operating out of Michigan.  Thank heavens for his foresight.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

My dad almost took a job in Pittsburgh when I was in high school.

Caliga

My dad was basically ordered to transfer to Orlando when I was like 14 or 15 and he wanted to go, but my mom refused to move, so he got laid off.  I was so mad at her. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
My dad was basically ordered to transfer to Orlando when I was like 14 or 15 and he wanted to go, but my mom refused to move, so he got laid off.  I was so mad at her. :mad:

I thought Orlando was supposed to be a dump.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on April 16, 2011, 11:31:15 AM
My dad almost took a job on the moon when I was in High School.  The moon is a harsh mistress.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2011, 02:32:13 PM

Shitload of amusement parks though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 16, 2011, 06:27:04 PM
My dad almost took a job on the moon when I was in High School.  The moon is a harsh mistress.

You are older then I thought, presumably this would have happened in the Hadean period when the Earth and Moon where still one body.  It's a good thing you didn't go, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to get back till 1969, several Billion years later.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 16, 2011, 06:35:00 PM

You are older then I thought, presumably this would have happened in the Hadean period when the Earth and Moon where still one body.
You presume... poorly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

:lol:

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
That may be but... it's in Florida.  Endless summer.  I hate the winter.