Librarytarians rejoice, Ayn Rand hits the big screen!

Started by Razgovory, April 14, 2011, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2011, 06:46:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2011, 06:30:55 PM
By all means, bore yourself to death for my benefit.  It really bothers me when people shove forks in their eyeballs as well.  Just so you know, in case you really want to annoy me.

I saw this movie. It was Incredible. Fantastic. Wonderful. Spectacular. etc.
I saw it as well.  Wow!  If it doesn't get best Picture at the Oscars, that will be a crime.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2011, 06:37:02 PM
I'm dreading the 2012 election season. The Ron Paul tards, the foreign LaRouchies and tea party faggits will be out in force.

That makes me sad.

That's your America, man. Dumbfuckistan Rising.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2011, 06:21:24 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2011, 06:37:02 PM
I'm dreading the 2012 election season. The Ron Paul tards, the foreign LaRouchies and tea party faggits will be out in force.

That makes me sad.

That's your America, man. Dumbfuckistan Rising.

Problem is, everybody else is even stupider.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on April 15, 2011, 06:18:47 AM
I saw it as well.  Wow!  If it doesn't get best Picture at the Oscars, that will be a crime.
:hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 06:09:19 PM
I probably won't see it even though Princesca has been bugging me to go with her.  I'll probably make her go with her rabidly-conservative friend Beth.

Someone is more rabidly conservative/libertarian than Princesca? What the fuck? Is she Genghis Khan?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2011, 03:47:35 PM
Someone is more rabidly conservative/libertarian than Princesca? What the fuck? Is she Genghis Khan?

Genghis Khan was a Libertarian?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2011, 03:56:25 PM

A society in which the strong can plunder and rape the weak and build a throne from their skulls is a libertarian utopia.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2011, 03:56:25 PM

Well, now you know the answer to "Who is John Galt?"  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

To be absolutely pedantic, Ayn Rand already hit the big screens in 1949 with The Fountainhead.  :yuk:

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 15, 2011, 06:18:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2011, 06:30:55 PM
By all means, bore yourself to death for my benefit.  It really bothers me when people shove forks in their eyeballs as well.  Just so you know, in case you really want to annoy me.

Ooh, you make me mad.  What ever you do, don't stick forks in your eyeballs!  I don't think I could take it and would have to leave.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Princesca supports gay marriage and is pro-choice, ya goof. :)

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2011, 04:19:13 PM
Genghis loved gay marriage, stopped the guys bitching about him taking all the women.
And pro-choice? He was fond of indulging in a bit of abortion on weekends.  :P
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2011, 04:19:13 PM

I'm not sure about gay marriage, but Ayn Rand was definitely pro-choice.

Caliga

The point is that an ultra conservative in the US wouldn't support either of those positions.