Main Menu

no Roswell FBI file thread?

Started by Tamas, April 11, 2011, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 11, 2011, 05:40:50 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 11, 2011, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2011, 02:51:22 PM
I wonder what it says that both Tamas and Slargos were so excited to post about this. :tinfoil:

:lol:

I. Found. It. Amusing.

Jeez.

If there ARE aliens in storage, they're sure as shit not going to release that kind of information willingly.  :P
That's bullshit. If the US had found aliens and a crashed ship on it we'd know. Stalin's spies would have found out and he would have demanded access to it on the point of war.

And why would the government have kept it secret even in the first place? It would have used it to justify a massive effort to militarize space.

Perhaps. It's pointless to speculate.

I'm just saying that it's the kind of secret that wouldn't get "declassified". If it was decided to keep something like this secret it would be buried so deep that even God couldn't find it.

starbright

Quote from: Slargos on April 12, 2011, 12:20:48 AM
I wonder what it says that both Tamas and Slargos were so excited to post about this. :tinfoil:

I. Found. It. Amusing.

Jeez.

If there ARE aliens in storage, they're sure as shit not going to release that kind of information willingly.  :P
That's bullshit. If the US had found aliens and a crashed ship on it we'd know. Stalin's spies would have found out and he would have demanded access to it on the point of war.

And why would the government have kept it secret even in the first place? It would have used it to justify a massive effort to militarize space.

I'm just saying that it's the kind of secret that wouldn't get "declassified". If it was decided to keep something like this secret it would be buried so deep that even God couldn't find it.

And after the last guardian of the alien body dies it is discovered in an old vault by an intrepid archologist... NO, a coroner... No, a veterinarian...

jimmy olsen

I. Found. It. Amusing.

Jeez.

Military loves a good threat to justify a big budget and this can be used as hammer from now until the end of time. It would be leaked to the press in 10 seconds flat.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: starbright on April 12, 2011, 12:35:56 AM
And after the last guardian of the alien body dies it is discovered in an old vault by an intrepid archologist... NO, a coroner... No, a veterinarian...
:D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 12, 2011, 04:33:56 AM

I. Found. It. Amusing.

Jeez.

Military loves a good threat to justify a big budget and this can be used as hammer from now until the end of time. It would be leaked to the press in 10 seconds flat.

Are you saying that there are no aliens?

But me likes aliens to fight!

Me want Mjolnir armor!!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

How could you possibly fight aliens?  Infantry is worse than useless in a nuke fight, and nukes are barely useful in relativistic warfare.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2011, 09:14:08 PM
How could you possibly fight aliens?  Infantry is worse than useless in a nuke fight, and nukes are barely useful in relativistic warfare.

What are you talking about?
Aliens wants our resources, so they would never glass our planet.
They will land, and when they do, I will defeat them with my awesome power.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Siege on April 13, 2011, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2011, 09:14:08 PM
Why would they want the Earth's paltry resources?  And even if they did, why not glass the planet and then extract the resources?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

True.  If they're capable of interstellar travel, then plenty of moons, asteroids, and other planetoids to mine.

Unless the resources that they want are trees, crops to circle, human sex slaves, or cattle to mutilate (or cattle sex slaves).  Then glassing the planet would be a bad idea.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 13, 2011, 11:37:13 PM
True.  If they're capable of interstellar travel, then plenty of moons, asteroids, and other planetoids to mine.

Unless the resources that they want are trees, crops to circle, human sex slaves, or cattle to mutilate (or cattle sex slaves).  Then glassing the planet would be a bad idea.
If they come for the beets, all of us but Tamas are going to be eating glass.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

This is stupid shtick, I dont even know what beet is :P

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2011, 08:46:36 AM
This is stupid shtick, I dont even know what beet is :P
That's what makes it funny (to those of us with a better command of the language). :P

Bayraktar!

dps

The Brain

It's a silly argument. Obviously they did keep it secret, and still are.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2011, 10:05:22 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 13, 2011, 09:26:43 PM
Why would they want the Earth's paltry resources?  And even if they did, why not glass the planet and then extract the resources?

The earth is the only planet in the universe which can can produce the Theobroma cacao tree.  Aliens don't dare glass the planet for fear of damaging the galactic chocolate trade and plunging the universe into a nightmare of rationing and carob.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock