Started by CountDeMoney, April 09, 2011, 09:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

If the south had won the war, would Turtledove write about what would have happened if the Union had won?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Such a monumental change would probably mean Harry Turtledove and 99% of the rest of us born in the past 145 years were never born. Somebody else would have to tell of the American Empire defeating Spain, Japan, Germany and the USSR. Or more likely, a resurrected Byzantium and Indians riding dinosaurs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2011, 10:40:35 PM
If the south had won the war, would Turtledove write about what would have happened if the Union had won?
Actually, he already wrote that one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

In an ironic turn of events, winning the war gained you the large infestation of muds that will slowly eat away at your society until it is a rotting husk.

So from Hell's heart, the confederacy stabs at thee.  :hmm:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2011, 09:20:00 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2011, 01:55:04 AM
:ike:

Not sure why you wasted your time responding. :(
I know, should just ban him for giggles.  But I know Neil would just overturn it.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2011, 09:22:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2011, 09:20:00 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2011, 01:55:04 AM
:ike:

Not sure why you wasted your time responding. :(
I know, should just ban him for giggles.  But I know Neil would just overturn it.

You would be lost without me as your guiding light, dimples, and you know it.  :hug:

katmai

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive