News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

iPad gaming

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2011, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Battle of the Bulge?  A shame they went with such an obscure topic.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

At least it wasn't East Front.  :zzz
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Also, I never played Combat Mission on the iPad. Never got around to it.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Valdemar

Anybody here play Lords and Knights on Ipad/Iphone?

V

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on May 02, 2011, 04:44:55 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2011, 06:30:48 PM
The computer board game Joan of Arc we playec on languish few years ago is now on ipad.  :cool:

Just to elaborate on that. It's the board game adaptation me, Tamas, Fireblade, Jaron and some other people used to play, where you would play cards and roll dice to resolve battles set in semi-historical scenarios of the Hundred Years War. It is pretty sweet. :D

We did? I don't remember that game. We must have played it during my drug phase.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Levee en masse was released by victory point wargames.

I'll give it a whirl.

Ed Anger

Valmy will be disappointed in the Austrians overrunning Paris right after Rasberry lost his head.

Seems okay for 5 bucks. Hell, I've wasted more money on substandard pizza.

Ed Anger

Combat Mission is free right now on the iOS. Don't know about Android.

FunkMonk

Thanks for the heads up. I snagged it.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

It was a bit rough the last time I played it, but Machine gunning troops advancing off the beach? Fun!

Watching a tank show up and send what is left of my men to hell? NOT FUN. I saw they executed my men.

FunkMonk

In these sorts of games I think I have more fun sending my men in to die by the hundreds against a single machine gun nest.

Wholesome fun in between classes.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.