News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

iPad gaming

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2011, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Hey, I bought an Ipad 3 on Friday, and spenta lot of time in the weekend trying some of the converted euro games.

Ticket to Ride conversion is awesome, gonna' start MPing it a bit probably.

Imperial is almost like a proper strategy game - you invest in WW1-era great powers via bonds, gain control of them as such, and score points and profit based on their success in conquering stuff on a European map. Almost like Diplomacy With Finances

Ascension - deck-building borefest

Somethingshima Hex - not sure what's all the fuss about, but a good enough game

Forbidden Island - fun little game, quite family-friendly.

Ed Anger

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Kingdom Rush is a good tower defense type game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I'm going to suppress my Battlefront dislike and get the Combat mission app as soon as my Ipad charges up.

Berkut

Spaceward Ho! was a great game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

I'm working on an iPad game right now. I am confident that it will not appeal to the core Languish demographic whatsoever. I will include a languish reference or two, however.

I'll let you know when it's out :)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2012, 03:50:57 PM

That was a lot of fun back in the day. :alberta:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

fhdz

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2012, 03:50:57 PM

It was. It probably still is.
and the horse you rode in on

BuddhaRhubarb

It's taking all my willpower not to buy the new ipad version of the original Max Payne ( The only game other than various "fallouts" that I feel like I'm good at) because if it sucks on ipad, I'll be depressed, if it rocks I will not do anything else for the foreseeable future. Quite a pickle. :p
:p

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on December 22, 2011, 06:48:42 PM
I would like the Civ series a lot more, in general, if it had the capacity to represent the decline of civilizations and not just their rise.  Some colonial strife would be welcome as well.

Civ5 has colonial strife with the minor civs.

Habbaku

City-states aren't even close.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Occasionally gifting a unit or buying them off with gold is a pretty big abstraction of colonial relations.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

You sick fucks need to check out Clear Vision.

Ed Anger

Shenandoah Studio's upcoming Battle of the Bulge game:

Needs white on black counters.