iPad gaming

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2011, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2013, 07:46:02 PM
Hmmmmm......

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/01/sid-meiers-ace-patrol-lands-on-ios-may-9/

Sid, turnbased and WWI airplanes?

It's out. Quite nice, though the AI isn't too convincing, or I am too awesome.

If anybody feels like being schooled in turn-based WW1 dogfights, my nick is Tarsyk.

Also, Eclipse is rather nice. It is almost an Euro in terms of the very streamlined and elegant design goes against immersion for a degree, but still cool.

Tamas

err, apparently there is no MP function yet :(

Berkut

I am having great fun with Eclipse. The only issues I have is that it is really TOO faithful to the boardgame, which detracts from it as a online MP game.

I suspect, for example, very few of the pick up MP games will ever finish. People will start losing, get bored, and simply never do their turns.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2013, 10:36:00 AM
and simply never do their turns.

Oh, you have encountered people like that in the world, ha?

Berkut

Indeed. More often than you would think.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2013, 11:09:59 AM
Indeed. More often than you would think.

Odd. Our Pax Porfiriana game is going so smoothly, I've never would have thought there are people who stall games forever.

:P

Berkut

I did not simply not do my turn, and certainly not because I was bored or losing.

I van't get the damn program to run, I said so, and said you guys should find someone else. So blow me, d-bag.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Who has Eclipse besides me and Tamas? Would love to get a Languish game going.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Tamas, that biplane game looks really damn good. And MP is coming. I have already been sucked into buying the Brit campaign pack.

This is the kind of game that really does shine on this format. I hope there is more like this coming.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Urge to buy iPad...rising...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I tell you what, buying ti was kind of impulse since I got some "found money", and the damn thing is pretty fucking expensive...but so far I have been VERY happy with it. It has exceeded my expectations considerably.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2013, 09:49:27 PM
Tamas, that biplane game looks really damn good. And MP is coming. I have already been sucked into buying the Brit campaign pack.

This is the kind of game that really does shine on this format. I hope there is more like this coming.

Quite addictive, isn't it? :) I have bought the German campaign, because I want to fly Ze Germans in MP and wanted some practice.

Habbaku

Jacob, did you ever finish the game you were making?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Also, what games should I definitely be getting for this silly thing?  I got Bulge and Ace Patrol already.  What else is worth a damn?  Multiplayer is preferable, but I could probably use some solitaire stuff, too.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on May 17, 2013, 11:25:42 AM
Also, what games should I definitely be getting for this silly thing?  I got Bulge and Ace Patrol already.  What else is worth a damn?  Multiplayer is preferable, but I could probably use some solitaire stuff, too.

Ticket to Ride, it is very well made.

Eclipse

If you are into the very heavily math-y euros, Le Havre.

Tigris and Euphrates I guess.

Elder Sign is awesomly made