News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

R + L = J! Sweeeeee!

Varyss seems to have a teleporter.  Weird and dumb to have him on that end scene.

Though I guess it makes me wonder on something I've been thinking about a lot with this show. Not every story seems to be on the same time line. They're out of sync with each other.

I have to complain about how bloody DARK everything was.  Not quite sure what it was arya was showing.
Did anyone see gregors face?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on June 27, 2016, 04:32:50 AM
One question:  How did Varys move from Slavers bay to Dorne and then back again?
by boat.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

So, body count of named characters for the episode? In rough order:

- Pycelle.
- Lancel.
- Everybody at the sept (High Sparrow, Mace, Margaery & Loras Tyrell, Kevan Lannister).
- Tommen.
- Walder Frey & sons.

And plotlines for next season, off the top of my head:

- Daenerys' invasion (supported by Dorne and the Tyrells) finally!
- Struggle for the control of the North between Jon, Sansa & Littlefinger? Vale stuff thrown in for good measure?
- Mad Queen Cersei. Jaime's revenge?
- Arya removing names from her list.
- Bran coming back to the North with ponderous news?
- White Walkers coming hard at the wall?
- Victarion's shenanigans?
- Brotherhood without banners roaming the Riverlands, with Mel joining them?
- Sam's freshman year at the Citadel? Hope that Marwyn is there, otherwise it can be dreadful.

Phillip V

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2016, 10:34:01 AM
R + L = J! Sweeeeee!

Varyss seems to have a teleporter.  Weird and dumb to have him on that end scene.

Though I guess it makes me wonder on something I've been thinking about a lot with this show. Not every story seems to be on the same time line. They're out of sync with each other.

Most medieval shows and films open each scene or episode with the time/year and location subtitled.  GoT does not.  And only a small minority care.

The Larch

Quote from: viper37 on June 27, 2016, 10:36:36 AM
One question:  How did Varys move from Slavers bay to Dorne and then back again?
by boat.

In fact I thought that I saw the Martell sun & spear in the sails of some of the boats.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2016, 10:34:01 AM
Weird and dumb to have him on that end scene.
Given the important news, I guess he does not trust a raven to bring it.

Did anyone see gregors face?
Not really, only partially.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: Phillip V on June 27, 2016, 12:52:37 AM
I once perversely thought about Littlefinger ascending the Iron Throne, but then the show made him into a weasely loser coming onto Sansa like that at the tree.  I enjoyed her rejection of him after he revealed his true fantasy to her.

I am inclined to believe Sansa is happy for her bastard brother bring crowned.  The question is not truly settled whether she had/has ambitions for power, but if she does not, then the look she gave Littlefinger at the end is one of seeing a threat to her family.

Maybe she learned from little finger that the the true power isn't in being the king but in being the guy behind the king?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
And plotlines for next season, off the top of my head:

- Daenerys' invasion (supported by Dorne and the Tyrells) finally!
- Struggle for the control of the North between Jon, Sansa & Littlefinger? Vale stuff thrown in for good measure?
- Mad Queen Cersei. Jaime's revenge?
- Arya removing names from her list.
- Bran coming back to the North with ponderous news?
- White Walkers coming hard at the wall?
- Victarion's shenanigans?
- Brotherhood without banners roaming the Riverlands, with Mel joining them?
- Sam's freshman year at the Citadel? Hope that Marwyn is there, otherwise it can be dreadful.
someone here said they'd keep the White Walkers for the last episode of next season, and that seems reasonable.  Have next season focus on Daenerys and the impact of her conquest, then Bran preparing for the White Walker's onslaught.

LaCroix

aren't the tarlys still loyal to the throne? maybe we'll see sam's dad as a general in cersei's army

Josquius

Will there even be much of a conquest?
The lannisters are the only thing standing in her way in the south.
I guess mad queen cersei will threaten some crazy suicidal idea and Jamie will kill her. Battle avoided.

Then with the north....politics.
The cliché would be after a little squabbling  Jon marrying Dany and the two uniting against the walkers. Whether that will happen.... remains to be seen.

Oh.
And the "Sam discovers the medieval Internet" scene was cool.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2016, 10:39:38 AM
by boat.

In fact I thought that I saw the Martell sun & spear in the sails of some of the boats.

You did.  In fact, if you look very closely, you'll also find a certain green-hued set of sails as well...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

what do the green sails represent?

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2016, 10:46:29 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2016, 10:39:38 AM
by boat.

You did.  In fact, if you look very closely, you'll also find a certain green-hued set of sails as well...

Mmm, I didn't see those, thanks for the pic. 2nd from the right, right?

The Larch