And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

also didn't have needle, but I'm undecided on the not-arya theory

Martinus

Maybe she was hurt but not as badly as she looked? Her actor friends may have given her some of their fake blood or something.

Jaron

I don't find a lot of these Arya theories very convincing.

Some of the theories I've seen floating around:

1) In that scene, Arya is actually the Waif in disguise and she is actually attacked by Arya. The problem I have with this is how would Arya have gotten the face and Arya has never been shown to have enough skill to overpower the Waif.

2) Armor and pigs blood. Okay. I mean this assumes Arya knew where she'd be stabbed and the Waif doesn't know the difference between stabbing flesh and armor.

3) Most likely to me: Arya was really attacked and wounded, but will lead the Waif into a trap where she'll overcome her using her wits instead of pure skill.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Arya took a sip of the water at the House of the Many Faced God and it cured her blindness...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

Thank you for contributing late to 4 episodes ago.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Many reviewers are calling Lord Glover a "racist" for refusing to fight alongside wildlings.  :rolleyes:

Josquius

Amazing that sansa and Jon could travel the north so easily.
But not white harbour. The place they would have the easiest time getting to
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2016, 11:21:16 AM

White Harbour would actually be one of the more difficult places for them to get to, as they'd have to pass right by Winterfell. All the places they went to were in the north of the North, I think.

Camerus

Great character development in that episode. Thought it was one of the best this season.

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on June 06, 2016, 11:43:53 AM

White Harbour would actually be one of the more difficult places for them to get to, as they'd have to pass right by Winterfell. All the places they went to were in the north of the North, I think.

:yes:

They've been skirting the coastline and the areas west of Winterfell/The Dreadfort.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

White Harbour is on the east coast where they have ships.
Bear Island is off the west coast where they have no port and no ships.
Deepwood Motte is a little ways inland (I thought much more than it is) and also on the west coast.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2016, 12:10:13 PM

White Harbour is on the east coast where they have ships.
Bear Island is off the west coast where they have no port and no ships.
Deepwood Motte is a little ways inland (I thought much more than it is) and also on the west coast.

Point though is that Jon/Sansa are presumably in the north.  BI and DM are also in the north, white harbor is the south.  Also  Karhold and the Dreadfort are to the east of Winterfell so one would expect Jon/Sana to focus on the northwest.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Hamilcar

Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2016, 12:28:28 AM
I wonder who Sansa wrote to. Littlefinger? Or some of the other houses? Will be a ex machina appearance during the battle...

Brienne and/or Blackfish

HVC

Going crazy theory that I read is that arya and the waif have a fight club thing going on.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on June 06, 2016, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2016, 12:28:28 AM
I wonder who Sansa wrote to. Littlefinger? Or some of the other houses? Will be a ex machina appearance during the battle...

Brienne and/or Blackfish

:lol:

She 100% wrote to Littlefinger.