News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

I bet they will add an eighth season.

I wonder what happens to the Knights of the Vale now that Sansa told Littlefinger to fuck off. He did not even mention them on his and Sansa's brief helicopter meeting in Moletown.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on May 23, 2016, 04:22:44 AM
Great episode. The Hodor scene made me realise that we book readers are in for some Red Wedding style surprises from now on. It scares and excites me for the rest of this season.

And it would great if the book goes its own way and provides us with even more surprises.

Berkut

I wish they would get Ramsey killed off already.

By far the worst character in the entire series.

I get this feeling that after Joffrey died, they decided they needed another character people will love to hate. Unfortunately, they created a character people just plain hate period.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Zanza on May 23, 2016, 01:14:57 PM
I wonder what happens to the Knights of the Vale now that Sansa told Littlefinger to fuck off. He did not even mention them on his and Sansa's brief helicopter meeting in Moletown.

They will almost certainly ride to the rescue at the last second for the North and Jon's forces.  Hopefully right as Jon chops Ramsay's head off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Jon won't kill Ramsay, it will be Theon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Yes, Theon, who will take a quick pit-stop to the North en route to Essos.  He will take Littlefinger's teleporter.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Phillip V

No.  Ghost will eat Ramsay since the latter's dogs were previously used to eat people.

crazy canuck

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on May 23, 2016, 01:14:57 PM
I bet they will add an eighth season. 

My understanding is that there are currently plans to run a total of 75 episodes, with season 7 having 8 episodes and season 8 having 7.   Apparently, it isn't really possible to shoot ten episodes a season any more, since they are getting so much more complex and full of effects.

Twenty more episodes sounds about right. They need to start wrapping this up and start giving the audience payoff.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Well damn. A lot happened in that episode. Nice to see so much revealed but all feels a bit sudden.

*High red priest showing up at Myreen seemed a bit sudden and out of nowhere.
*HOLY CRAP! THIS IS BIG! Revelation about where the others actually come from!
....and its a throw away scene in the middle of the episode? WTF.
*Also interesting was the hold the door/time travel messing theory......
But that they give this more importance than the creation of the Others is just bizzare.
*So much for the children not actually being against the others then....Though the whole mark thing was a bit dumb. Hopefully that won't carry over to the books.
*Where the hell is that door that it can escape the zombies like that?
*"Oh, btw, remember that Bran had that wolf with him too? Here it is. There it goes."
*Is Littlefinger lying?
How would the army be at Moat Cailin?
How would Blackfish have Riverrun?
The Freys have vanished?
Surely a ship to White Harbour would be the sensible path for the Vale Knights.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Phillip V on May 23, 2016, 01:41:08 PM
No.  Ghost will eat Ramsay since the latter's dogs were previously used to eat people.

Ghost will probably kill all Ramsey's "girls," if not Ramsey.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on May 23, 2016, 01:14:57 PMI wonder what happens to the Knights of the Vale now that Sansa told Littlefinger to fuck off. He did not even mention them on his and Sansa's brief helicopter meeting in Moletown.

Didn't he mention that they were in or around Moat Cailin?

Zanza

The scene with the Night King and his zombie army entering the crypt didn't make much sense. What took the four white walkers so long? The crypt isn't that big. They should have arrived as a group and before the zombies...

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on May 23, 2016, 03:42:54 PM
Quote from: Zanza on May 23, 2016, 01:14:57 PMI wonder what happens to the Knights of the Vale now that Sansa told Littlefinger to fuck off. He did not even mention them on his and Sansa's brief helicopter meeting in Moletown.

Didn't he mention that they were in or around Moat Cailin?
I thought that was the Blackfish? Which still ignores the Freys.

Zanza

The Red Priestess in Meeren did not come out of nowhere. There was at least one scene before in Meeren with a different Red Priest preaching to the masses.