News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Gups, in addition to all the other Lannister weaknesses mentioned, their gold mines are tapped out.  I blame Thatcher.

Siege

I thought the Lannister gold crisis was an scheme to default on the iron bank.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on April 26, 2016, 03:10:40 PM
I thought the Lannister gold crisis was an scheme to default on the iron bank.

Where did you get this from?

If it's a scheme it's a dumbass scheme.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on April 26, 2016, 11:20:26 AM
I am quite convinced the original intention with Littlefinger and Sansa (in the books) was for him to marry her both for personal reasons and to make a claim on the North eventually, but this was deemed too long a plotline for the TV show, and thus shall probably be dropped by Martin as well.

Why would Martin drop it.  The books and TV show have diverged, and that is infinitely to Martin's advantage.  He's still working towards his end, and the show towards its.  I very much doubt they will be the same end.  Having the same ending would make the books redundant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

I thought the show writers knew GRRM's ending and we're working towards the same ending, if not the exact same trail?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2016, 03:20:55 PM
I thought the show writers knew GRRM's ending and we're working towards the same ending, if not the exact same trail?

The books and the show have already diverged significantly enough that it would be unlikely that they end up in the same spot.  In any event, as Grumbler said, that wouldn't make much commercial sense.

Josephus

I would still read the books, even if the show borrowed from GRRM's plans.

I mean...they're, you know, so well-written and everything.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Well...

Ser Pounce:

My cat, Rufus:

:ph34r:

viper37

Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2016, 03:20:55 PM
that was the plan when they started.  I don't know if it still holds.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Heard an interesting theory today.
Jon is dead.
He isn't coming back.
The reason they did the Mel cloaking reveal?
Davos is going to take Jons place.

I don't believe it. But interesting nonetheless.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Jon is not dead. I know GRRM is all about subverting narrative tropes, but it would simply be poor storytelling to build his backstory so much just to kill him off.

Plus, he is a Chekov's corpse - there is a reason why they spend so much time around it.

Grey Fox

Well, he is dead. It is just not a permanent state.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.