News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I figured that was the purpose of Bran's entire story arc. I mean why else would we need a paralyzed wizard in the family?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I thought the Fiery Crotch(tm) would res him.

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2015, 08:25:16 AM
I figured that was the purpose of Bran's entire story arc. I mean why else would we need a paralyzed wizard in the family?

Bran has an entirely different purpose.  It's not quite obvious what that is, just yet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Bran isn't really needed for jon's back story, since papa reed is still alive. I assumed brans part in the story comes into play against the others
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on June 25, 2015, 10:03:36 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2015, 08:25:16 AM

Bran has an entirely different purpose.  It's not quite obvious what that is, just yet.

Or at least that is not the only purpose of Bran's story.  He will likely play an important role when Winter finally comes.

Josquius

It does strike me that as awesome as Bran inspired flashbacks would be he does need a convenient nearby heart tree. Which the tower of joy probably doesn't have and the trident certainly wouldn't (I dearly hope we get that eventually)
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
It does strike me that as awesome as Bran inspired flashbacks would be he does need a convenient nearby heart tree. Which the tower of joy probably doesn't have and the trident certainly wouldn't (I dearly hope we get that eventually)

I read that as "Brain inspired flashbacks" and started thinking about goats.

Norgy

The writers and producers seem fairly adament Jon is dead. As a dodo.
:cry:

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on June 29, 2015, 01:27:29 PM
The writers and producers seem fairly adament Jon is dead. As a dodo.
:cry:

Yes, we all know he is dead. But he will be resurrected. :P

Norgy

No, I am sure Mellisandre's visit to Castle Black was just coincidence.

Having re-watched every fucking episode now, it strikes me more and more that this show is all over the place. I guess I just will cheer for Tyrion. Until he is eaten by trolls or what not.

Josquius

A thought- so Valaryia was this evil land where slaves were kept in horrible conditions mining in highly volcanic terrain. Valaryia went kaput when the volcanoes all erupted and broke the land.
Now....the slaves....Rhillor was rather popular amongst them. Rhillor. The fire god. Volcanos. Slaves called upon their god's mana?
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

By the way, remember the actor who played Ilyn Payne but had to drop out of the show after being diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer?

Well, looks like he got rid of it.  :showoff:

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/14/wilko-johnson-ilyn-payne-on-his-amazing-comeback-from-deaths-door/

QuoteA fan of Johnson's music who happened to be a doctor saw him playing the Cornbury Music Festival at The Great Tew Estate in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, and wondered to himself why Johnson wasn't dead or too ill to perform.

The fan referred Johnson to an oncologist at Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge, where doctor Emmanuel Huguet announced the cancer was operable. Still, there was only a 15% chance that Johnson would actually survive the operation, but after nine hours of surgery, a tumor described as "the size of a baby" was removed, along with his pancreas, spleen, and part of his stomach and intestines. Even then, Wilko Johnson wasn't out of the woods, as he contracted secondary infections described as "very painful." Finally, in October of 2014, Johnson's doctors announced that he was cancer-free.

Eddie Teach

You can live without a pancreas and spleen?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Spleen is not a vital organ, so yes.

Very surprise by the pancreas tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.