Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2015, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2015, 01:07:24 PM
Unless premise #2 is wrong.

Sure, but if you count the amount of screen time she gets I am not sure why it would be

Now, that's the actual issue. They have an actress with a 1st role contract but no writen content that demands that kind of commitment.

Gretchen Mol's role in Boardwalk Empire suffered the same thing in season 3-4-5.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

LaCroix

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2015, 10:09:27 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on June 18, 2015, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 18, 2015, 09:13:00 PM
Sansa has a minor role?  My whole argument is the writers undermined her role.

she did as much this season as she's done in other seasons. her whole thing is being a pawn that starts to emerge into something more. in the books and show, she's yet to emerge. there are glimpses, in the book and now the show, that this is about to change.

Now I understand your position.  It ignores that even in the show Sansa's character had matured and developed past the point of being a pawn. One needs to ignore that character development which was clear in both the show and the books to justify putting her into the position of fake Arya this season.

she's a pawn that thinks she's becoming more than a pawn. look at her actions. she's littlefinger's pawn at the moment. this will change in the books just like it will in the show. the only difference is that we were saved an extra season in the eyrie. you dislike the merged plotlines in part at least because you think it set her character back a notch. i like the merged plotlines and think her character remains unaffected. she's the same girl-with-some-experience she was back in the eyrie, just with more experience now. and a reason to hate littlefinger, something we haven't seen happen yet in the books.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on June 19, 2015, 11:12:42 PM
and a reason to hate littlefinger, something we haven't seen happen yet in the books.
Let's see...
- he betrayed Ned Stark
- he sold off some poor girl named Jeyne Pool after transforming her into a prostitute and breaking her
- he's a pimp
- he betrays Catlyn Stark
- he kills Catlyn sister, but she's admittedly crazy, so let's give him a pass on that.

Plenty of reasons to hate him in the books.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

she doesn't know at least some of those.

The Larch

More casting calls for next season, mostly for generic characters with a heavy Northern bent, so I think we will see plenty of action around the area.

http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

This one is interesting, though.

QuoteLegendary Fighter:  A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back.  The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn't specified, unlike many other roles.

Ser Arthur Dayne? Flashback to the Tower of Joy?  :ph34r:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:38:24 PM
Ser Arthur Dayne? Flashback to the Tower of Joy?  :ph34r:

Has to be.

:punk:

Quote"I looked for you on the Trident," Ned said to them.

"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.

"Woe to the Usurper if we had been," said Ser Oswell.

"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were."

"Far away," Ser Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells."

"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."

"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

So Sean Bean will be back for this too, presumably.

Martinus

There is now this rather fun Facebook app, which analyses your profile and tells you "which GoT character are you".

http://www.captainquizz.com/special/gameofthrones/r/10153017874626849

I got Khal Drogo.  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: Solmyr on June 25, 2015, 04:43:08 AMSo Sean Bean will be back for this too, presumably.

If they're going to shoot the entire fight scene I guess they'd be better suited with a younger actor that resembles him.

Zanza

The only reason they might want to include that scene would be to reveal that Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Martinus

Yup. Which means he would have to be resurrected (Jon that is).

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2015, 07:24:56 AM
Yup. Which means he would have to be resurrected (Jon that is).

Something nobody was expecting. At all.  :lol: