News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

They haven't developed the Vale very much in the show, either, but I suspect that they'll introduce Harold Hardyng at some point anyway.  He is the heir to the Vale after sickly Robert's death.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

I'd like the writers to be the next ones to be killed now. Bunch of Ruperts the lot of them.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Impetuous cavalrymen with questionable tactical sense?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Norgy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2015, 03:15:29 PM
Impetuous cavalrymen with questionable tactical sense?

:lol:

Not too far off.

QuoteRupert
British Army slang for an Officer, but particularly an Officer that is upper-middle class or above, and has a total lack of skill or common-sense.

Habbaku

Was anyone else wincing and worrying that Myrcella, in the midst of her speech, was about to express that she was in love with Jaime?  I breathed a huge sigh of relief, instead, when it just turned into knowing he was her father.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

I was more worried that Jon might get into some trouble with the rest of the Night's Watch.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2015, 03:29:37 PM
Was anyone else wincing and worrying that Myrcella, in the midst of her speech, was about to express that she was in love with Jaime?  I breathed a huge sigh of relief, instead, when it just turned into knowing he was her father.

After watching her receive the kiss of death I was more concerned that she might give Jamie a fatherly kiss and have him offed too.  That poisoning was going to be used was obvious when the show had the scene in the jail.  But I thought it would be a bit more subtle.

Josquius

I did expect it would be Jamie who would go.
Or perhaps Bron (and what a sad day that would be). Though I really don't get the thing between him and the cute sand snake.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 15, 2015, 05:18:52 PM
Though I really don't get the thing between him and the cute sand snake.

Neither do I.  The prison cell scene was a bit of awkward foreshadowing to show that the sand snakes carry around the only antidote for their poison of choice. 

Norgy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 15, 2015, 05:36:26 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 15, 2015, 05:18:52 PM
Though I really don't get the thing between him and the cute sand snake.

Neither do I.  The prison cell scene was a bit of awkward foreshadowing to show that the sand snakes carry around the only antidote for their poison of choice.

I guess Bronn is sort of a crowd favourite, and that the clumsy bit of storytelling involved him just because.

I would not go as far as to say this last season is poorly written, but there are some plotlines that just aren't that great. Bronn and Jaime's Great Dornish Adventure for starters.
After that episode, I suppose I just have to hope Tyrion survives now.

Bring on season six. Now, plz.

Grey Fox

These fabled dragon riders are never going to show up, eh.

Many pawns in the war of Littlefinger vs Varys have also fallen. Altho, Littlefinger needs a new army.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I was kind of disappointed in this season, mainly because i was hoping that it would move past the books this season.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2015, 12:43:08 PM
I still thought it didn't make much sense though - it requires the Nights Watch to be almost suicidally obtuse.
it wouldn't be the first time in history.  Nor fiction.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Zanza on June 15, 2015, 01:55:16 PM
The Greyjoys have a disawoved heir who will not have any more heirs.
in the books, the Greyjoys have their run to decide who will be the next heir, namely Balon's long lost brother and Theon's sister.  They totally skipped this story and Bran's story from the show this year, so I guess they'll come back with that next year.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.