Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Maximus on June 06, 2015, 01:03:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2015, 01:09:36 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 01, 2015, 06:39:29 PM
I'd like her to write angry letters to the editor.

Mauled to death by a lion! :weep:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2015/06/03/vancouver-based-game-of-thrones-editor-killed-by-lion-in-south-africa.html

QuoteThe lion attacked Chappell through an open car window, which a park spokesman insisted was "strictly against policy".
:huh:

Fucking Lannisters.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on June 06, 2015, 08:32:49 PM
Quote from: Maximus on June 06, 2015, 01:03:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2015, 01:09:36 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 01, 2015, 06:39:29 PM
I'd like her to write angry letters to the editor.

Mauled to death by a lion! :weep:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2015/06/03/vancouver-based-game-of-thrones-editor-killed-by-lion-in-south-africa.html

QuoteThe lion attacked Chappell through an open car window, which a park spokesman insisted was "strictly against policy".
:huh:

Fucking Lannisters.

Well, she did work on the episode in which Tywin died. So I guess they always pay their debts.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

[spoiler]"he never would have done that in the books!"[/spoiler]

Habbaku

Quote from: LaCroix on June 07, 2015, 09:49:41 PM

I gotta keep repeating that to myself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HVC

[spoiler]you knew the dragon was coming, but it was still pretty cool [/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Queequeg

I thought it would be bigger. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Kleves

Wow, heel turn by Stannis. Maybe they're trying to set up Ramsay as the babyface.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

Quote from: Queequeg on June 07, 2015, 11:16:50 PM
I thought it would be bigger.
That's what she said! Oh, wait...  :Embarrass:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

HVC

Quote from: Kleves on June 07, 2015, 11:21:47 PM
Wow, heel turn by Stannis. Maybe they're trying to set up Ramsay as the babyface.
ol' Ramsay is the one that was promised... Like every other damn character in the books if you look on the Internet
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on June 07, 2015, 11:21:47 PM

That was pretty goofballs.  Super-Ramsay strikes again.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Baratheons - worst parents ever. They make Lannisters look like role models.

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 07, 2015, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on June 07, 2015, 09:49:41 PM

I gotta keep repeating that to myself.

[spoiler]Apparently, it is one of the things that GRRM told the show writers as a future book event.[/spoiler]