News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Yes, she is the chick Wolverine nailed in the Wolverine.

To Berkut-Grumbler-CC axis of Book Overreading about the Snow-Stark story point #1. I disagree, it still makes sense if you have not read the books.

Jon doesn't trust Stannis, why give him Bran to help him? Jon doesn't need to protect Bran. He has already done so. He's hiding him in the north.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I thought Jon didn't even know where Bran is.

Jaron

Wouldn't it be cool if Sansa found a magical rod in the tombs of Winterfell and became the White Witch from Narnia?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

It would be inconsistent with what we know of her from The Magician's Nephew.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 27, 2015, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 27, 2015, 03:27:29 PM
but what is his real plan?  Any guesses?  That is what makes the speculation abut him being a Targaryen so interesting (though I can't see any evidence for the hypothesis).

1) He is and always has been an agent of commercial or political interests in the Free Cities, who have their own agenda and benefit from chaos in Westeros.

2) He is the "good government" type he says he is, but in keeping with the WotR/Rennaissance setting he is a Machiavelli, for whom good government is strong and firm government.  The Targaryens are the only ones who can provide that as they are outsiders whose authority transcends the feudal titles and land claims of the big houses.

To elaborate point 2), his side-quest may also be to make sure all great houses are annihilated. He may be doing that both because he knows while they exist another Robert's Rebellion will always be a possibility; and he may simply have it in for them as chief oppressors of the land.

After all, he was aware of but did not stop (and sometimes in fact helped) the events that led to the deaths of Jon Arryn, Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark and Tywin Lannister.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2015, 09:00:40 PM
Wrong guess again.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2015, 09:29:06 PM

the Grey Fox-Grallon-Martinus Axis of Book Ignoring makes lots of assumptions.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2015, 12:20:37 AM
To elaborate point 2), his side-quest may also be to make sure all great houses are annihilated. He may be doing that both because he knows while they exist another Robert's Rebellion will always be a possibility; and he may simply have it in for them as chief oppressors of the land.

After all, he was aware of but did not stop (and sometimes in fact helped) the events that led to the deaths of Jon Arryn, Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark and Tywin Lannister.
I'm not sure how bringing Viserys to the throne helps with that.  That he is helping kill off the "usurpers" doesn't mean he wants to destroy ALL of the Great Houses.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2015, 02:34:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2015, 09:00:40 PM
Wrong guess again.

Right movie, wrong character?

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2015, 06:52:58 AM

You make way more.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 28, 2015, 08:13:54 AM

You make way more.

Has this method of "debate" helped you since second grade?  We kind of moved past it around then in these parts.

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Why can't you just bloody enjoy a beautiful, fantastic drama?

It's the best TV made in the history of mankind. Just relax and enjoy it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2015, 08:26:11 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 28, 2015, 08:13:54 AM

You make way more.

Has this method of "debate" helped you since second grade?  We kind of moved past it around then in these parts.

Yes.

This thread is 90% assumptions built upon assumptions, can we not use that word again?

Jaron

Quote from: Norgy on April 28, 2015, 08:33:29 AM
Why can't you just bloody enjoy a beautiful, fantastic drama?

It's the best TV made in the history of mankind. Just relax and enjoy it.

Yeah, I don't analyze the show nearly as much as some people here. Not to say that it's bad to do so, just that I enjoy it for what it is.
Winner of THE grumbler point.