And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

A lot more deviation.  I like the changes though.  I'm definitely looking forward to next season the way things are developing.  I've got some faith that the writers will be able to transform the storylines stuck in neutral and stalling out into compelling television.  I do hope we haven't seen the last of "Don't fucking call me ser" Clegane. :weep:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

I suppose nothing lost by writing out the moose knight.

i really wish Arya could have shown some recognition of Clegane's basic goodness.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Okay I was going to wait til tomorrow but these deviations are some BULLSHIT. Not because I object to deviations but because they are in some cases gut wrenching.

[spoiler]Let's see if I do this right...
1. Tyrion parted with Jaime on pretty good terms. It was much different in the book. It was something Tyrion somewhat brooded on in DwD. They could introduce a similar plot device later, I'm sure.... but it was very surprising to see that.

2. WHY JOJEN? Okay I guess he is somewhat doomed in the book too, but I wasn't expecting him to go out like that.
[/spoiler]
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

First scene where Podric and Brienne are in iceland rather than northern ireland. Horses are lost. Why? Its not in the books?

Well, Icelandic horses are basically hairy ponies and proper kniggotly horses are big monsters. Iceland has a import ban on livestock for veterinary reasons. So, as soon as filming shifts to iceland they can't use horses, unless they want hairy ponies.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2014, 10:11:32 PM
Enjoyed the finale.

Happy Father's Day from House Lannister?  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Viking

Other Observations.

Mance did not kneel to Stannis, nor did he call him king.
Nothing in the Jon Snow, Mance conversation suggested or conflicted with Mance-Rhaegar.

As for hte icelandic horses, arya is riding one to salt pans, you can see they are small and hairy. They are considered especially sure footed in difficult terrain.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Mance as Rhaegar...looking at the book there could be something to the theory.
But seeing the TV series Mance.....no. I've stopped considering that one.
He's just too thoroughly un-Targaryan. Very common.

Very fitting fathers day episode :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2014, 11:02:54 AM

What do you think of the Targaryanness of the Crows Maester?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2014, 11:02:54 AM

Very fitting fathers day episode :lol:

Yes, nothing regal about him at all.

nothing remotely targaryen looking about him here is there?

Valmy

Man it looks like Robert did as good a job killing of all the Targaryans as the Bolsheviks did killing off all the Romanovs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

That was disappointing.

But from here on in the writing in the show cant be any worse than book 5 so the general level of disappointment should be less.  And btw I was right.  They completely messed up the backstory for why the Imp did what he did.  Dumbing down FTL

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2014, 01:01:20 PM
Man it looks like Robert did as good a job killing of all the Targaryans as the Bolsheviks did killing off all the Romanovs.

Was Robert like Swiss cheese?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 16, 2014, 02:47:23 PM
That was disappointing.

But from here on in the writing in the show cant be any worse than book 5 so the general level of disappointment should be less.  And btw I was right.  They completely messed up the backstory for why the Imp did what he did.  Dumbing down FTL

You and QueenG should form a club.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.