News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Josephus

You guys take this way too seriously. I just watch it for the tits. Which this season has been somewhat lacking.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

I see nothing wrong with your speculation, Viking.  I'd just hope it isn't true.  The books have too many fake deaths as it is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_season_4_gains_three_new_actresses-2013-09

Actually they did cast [spoiler]Val[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Dalla[/spoiler]. But, for next season, so no [spoiler]Stannis in teh snow[/spoiler] for this season.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Yeah, I think they just did an entire episode at the wall, with an epic battle and closure to an emotionally critical story line. We won't see anything at the Wall in Ep10, I suspect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Yeah I guess it makes more sense to end the northern story line for this season with[spoiler]OMG TEH WILDLINGS ARE BREAKERING THROUGH instead of OH RIGHT WESTEROS IS SAVED[/spoiler]

grumbler

Like I said, I would have ended this ep with [spoiler]Stannis's charge.[/spoiler]  No new actors needed.

Agree that the last ep probably won't show the wall.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

They are definitely going to show the conclusion of the Wall stuff in the next episode--it's in the preview.  [spoiler]Including fleeting images of a certain charge, it looks like...  :yeah:[/spoiler]
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

hmm, that Rhaegar as Mance idea makes more sense than the basic comparisons I've read before but still....Mance is too minor and it is too late in the day for such a sudden change. It wouldn't be quite as bad as Aegon turning out to be real but it would be comparable.  Having such a big twist involving background characters....hmm...

But still....how Mance managed to become king of the wildlings is a story that needs expanding upon.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Of course Aegon is real.  The great Jon Connington shall triumph and Tyr shall weap and rend his clothes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

That must've been from around the time I stopped caring in book 5.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2014, 10:34:29 AM
That must've been from around the time I stopped caring in book 5.

Congrats on your award:

Wear it with pride my friend!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Liep

Actually, perhaps I needed more schooling, as the lack of caring was because of the introduction of too many new characters for me to be invested in any of them. Or to figure out who was who.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2014, 10:40:51 AM
Actually, perhaps I needed more schooling, as the lack of caring was because of the introduction of too many new characters for me to be invested in any of them. Or to figure out who was who.

I perfectly understand why somebody would lose interest in the series I was just kidding around.

Too Cool for School is an expression that you are too awesome to be involved in something, not just school.