News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2013, 08:19:40 AM
Didn't we have a GoT tv-thread, specifically to not expose anyone to the inevitable spoilers?

This is the GoT TV thread.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Viking on June 11, 2013, 05:21:00 AM

Any odds on HBO hiring Brandon Sanderson for a undisclosed job for a substantial undisclosed fee?

Bring on the allomancers, feruchemists and hemalurgists.   :P

Who knows what powers these dragons are gonna bring back.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on June 10, 2013, 08:58:55 PM

Wow Harry the Heir is a lucky guy.  It is sorta trippy to see Arya all girlied up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 11, 2013, 06:01:51 AM
BtW, I thought the last episode was great.  Heavy on character development, which is one of the prime reasons ASOIAF is so interesting to begin with.

*However*, I still can't get into the Dany storyline.  Apart from her tedious self-righteousness, it just seems like she is a kind of modern shoe-horned into an otherwise pre-modern world.
I really love Dany story.  She has the best written part, imho, and it's often heavy in symbolism, like that last scene, with her newly freed people and her disciplined army.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2013, 11:03:48 AM
Good, boobies in season 6!

We won't see sansaboobs ever. I suspect we won't see many more boobs for the rest of the series. The show is getting so big that there is no longer any need for sexposition to get viewers. Like Sopranos I think they will showing gratuitous boobage once they had established a loyal viewership. We never saw meadow soprano's boobs, I don't think we will see any boobs from any character which started as a child. It would creep me out. Jamie-Lynn Sieglers glamour shots creeped me out. Seeing Sophie Turners or Maisie Willams' boobs, even once they are well legal,, will creep me out as well.

Any sexy boobage in the future will have to come from the dusky woman, the vipers paramour or a sand snake.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

:(

I hope we don't get any more sex scenes tho. Those things are booooooooring.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
It is sorta trippy to see Arya all girlied up.

She looks like Rachel Weisz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Viking on June 11, 2013, 11:22:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2013, 11:03:48 AM
Good, boobies in season 6!

We won't see sansaboobs ever. I suspect we won't see many more boobs for the rest of the series. The show is getting so big that there is no longer any need for sexposition to get viewers. Like Sopranos I think they will showing gratuitous boobage once they had established a loyal viewership. We never saw meadow soprano's boobs, I don't think we will see any boobs from any character which started as a child. It would creep me out. Jamie-Lynn Sieglers glamour shots creeped me out. Seeing Sophie Turners or Maisie Willams' boobs, even once they are well legal,, will creep me out as well.

Any sexy boobage in the future will have to come from the dusky woman, the vipers paramour or a sand snake.
Sansa Stark is still 14 in the show, IIRC, or maybe 15.  The time is kinda slow moving, so unless there's a flash forward in time, she'd still be considered an underage character (even if she's older than 18), so it would forbidden on US tv.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2013, 08:19:40 AM
Didn't we have a GoT tv-thread, specifically to not expose anyone to the inevitable spoilers?

I started one a year ago, and nobody used it.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2013, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2013, 10:44:56 AM
It is sorta trippy to see Arya all girlied up.

She looks like Rachel Weisz.

That's who she reminded me of. It was bugging me since this morning.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011