News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on May 06, 2013, 01:22:25 PM
What was the deal with Sansa watching the ship sail away? I know she was sad because marrying the dwarf doesn't seem like such a great deal compared to Loras, but what was the ship supposed to be?

Littlefinger sailing off to the Vale.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on May 04, 2013, 11:57:20 AM
I stopped with True Blood mostly because it got stupid. I liked the first season, and the whole concept of vampires "coming out" as it were. But by season two, they started adding more "monsters" so that within a few seasons it seemed regular, normal people were the minority in that town. So you wondered why there was such a hostility towards vampires anyways. "Oh, it's OK to be a werewolf or a fairy, and I'm  a shape shifter, but god forbid you're a vampire." I don't know, just lost all credibility, in as much as a show about vampires can have.
My wife has read the books, and it seems like pretty much everything in the Monster Manual shows up at one point or another.  I tease her about her 'D&D books'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2013, 01:24:12 PM
What was the deal with Sansa watching the ship sail away? I know she was sad because marrying the dwarf doesn't seem like such a great deal compared to Loras, but what was the ship supposed to be?

Ummmm....isn't Sansa supposed to be with him when that happens?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

It was the escape opportunity that Littlefinger had offered her earlier, since she figured that she'd marry Loras and everything would be alright.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on May 06, 2013, 01:25:57 PM
Later.

crazy canuck

There is a major plot twist to come before that happens.

Berkut

Oh yeah, I am getting my timeline fucked up.

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 01:35:09 PM

There is a major plot twist to come before that happens.

Is that Bobby in the shower?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 01:24:47 PM
I stopped with True Blood mostly because it got stupid. I liked the first season, and the whole concept of vampires "coming out" as it were. But by season two, they started adding more "monsters" so that within a few seasons it seemed regular, normal people were the minority in that town. So you wondered why there was such a hostility towards vampires anyways. "Oh, it's OK to be a werewolf or a fairy, and I'm  a shape shifter, but god forbid you're a vampire." I don't know, just lost all credibility, in as much as a show about vampires can have.
My wife has read the books, and it seems like pretty much everything in the Monster Manual shows up at one point or another.  I tease her about her 'D&D books'.

I would say it's more WoD.

Martinus

Also, isn't it funny that in the episode so filled with torture and murder, probably the most disturbing image was Brienne in that pink dress?  :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2013, 02:04:35 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 01:24:47 PM
I would say it's more WoD.
Not only would she not know what that was, but since WoD is using the same monsters as D&D, it's not especially important.

Well, she might know that it exists since I mentioned it when we saw 'Underworld', but I don't think the comparison would be helpful.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2013, 02:05:13 PM
Also, isn't it funny that in the episode so filled with torture and murder, probably the most disturbing image was Brienne in that pink dress?  :P

:lol:

And yes - Olenna is becoming my favorite character.  This episode - while less overly dramatic - was one of the most fulfilling.  Amazing how so many things can be made to move without much appearing to do so.  But I won't pick up the books until the fat man is done with them.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Personally, I like how the show writers sometimes seem to talk to the audience through the not-in-the-books scenes.

Ramsay's "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." was precious.  :lol:

Berkut

I thought my wife was going to throw up during the Ramsey/Theon scenes.

0 rows returned