And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on April 22, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 22, 2013, 09:26:52 AM
I liked Dany in last night's episode. I had forgotten some of the details from the book but I was waiting for her to act, as I knew she wasn't giving up any dragons. I had also forgotten that she could speak Valyrian but I was figuring she could and knew all along what was being said. Very cool all around, she's one of my favorite characters from the books. I like the actress playing her.
can't remember the books, if we knew from the beginning, but in the tv series, it was kinda noticeable that she understood the guy but was trying not to show it.

As I said before, in the books we are inside her head so it is kinda obvious we knew from the beginning.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on April 22, 2013, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 22, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 22, 2013, 09:26:52 AM
I liked Dany in last night's episode. I had forgotten some of the details from the book but I was waiting for her to act, as I knew she wasn't giving up any dragons. I had also forgotten that she could speak Valyrian but I was figuring she could and knew all along what was being said. Very cool all around, she's one of my favorite characters from the books. I like the actress playing her.
can't remember the books, if we knew from the beginning, but in the tv series, it was kinda noticeable that she understood the guy but was trying not to show it.

As I said before, in the books we are inside her head so it is kinda obvious we knew from the beginning.

I was wondering how they handle that in the book. I had figured it out as a quirk of the TV show.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2013, 11:12:16 AM

Apparently, this screencap is currently very popular on deviantart.com. So I've been told. :whistle:

KRonn

The show also had to make up a few new languages for the actors to use and be consistent with.   :hmm:

Martinus

I think Emilia Clarke's delivery of Valyrian was flawless. While the guy playing the slaver sounded a bit like he was declaiming, there was real emotion in her KILL BURNINATE MWHAHAHA.

The Larch

I like how the legend of Pod the stud keeps growing.  :lol: Great comedy relief.

Btw, Sansa keeps getting tricked...this girl will never learn.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 22, 2013, 03:30:54 PM

Oh for Godsake she is still a kid.  I mean she literally has nobody she can rely on and this is a nest of vipers where even Tyrion gets tricked.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I like how the legend of Pod the stud keeps growing.  :lol: Great comedy relief.

Well, there could be worse fates for her than getting hitched to a relatively harmless gay scion of one of the wealthiest families in Westeros.

That being said, as my friend pointed out, she would be a far greater risk for Loras as she just cant keep her mouth shut.

Neil

I think she'll start to learn in the near future.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Valryian sounded cool. Suitably semi-latin but different.
I had forgotten that the slavers spoke quasi-valryian.

Quote from: Martinus on April 22, 2013, 08:51:39 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 22, 2013, 08:48:39 AM
Did things go that way at Craster's in the books? I can't recall that.....what happened to the other women?

Raped?
And then what? What of the other Nights Watch men?

Really can't remember what happened in the book...this doesn't ring a bell at all. Weren't the others involved somehow. hmm.
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Great episode.

Really it's amazing how they managed to distill such a punch from a 5 minutes scene.  In the books her sections dragged on but here they've synthesized it so well as to make it better than the text.  Daenerys truly is worthy to rule over Westeros. :wub:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

That said, the best scene of the night was Tywin and Cersei.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2013, 07:53:17 PM

+1

All the best scenes are either

1. Really powerful moments, or
2. Some of the really exceptional dialogue.

Tywin slapping Cersei down was just excellent. I would really like to see him take on Joffrey.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2013, 07:53:17 PM

Olenna and Varys for me. Can't wait for that Olenna / Tywin scene that is coming in one of the next episodes. Finally, each will meet their match.