News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 08:49:08 AM
I'm thinking that Raz was trying to make a point that what one is okay with in the books doesn't necessarily translate to their real life circumstances, though I'm unconvinced that grumbler is okay with the murder of an unarmed man.

See, someone pays attention.  Grumbler said something stupid.  I called him on it.  The neat thing is, he's pretending to ignore me so I can say anything I want about it.  He just has to take it.  I always get the last word.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

So, battle for Meeren:
- Daenerys riding Drogon (she droped the whip-whips don't work on dragons, despite what happerned at the fight pit)
- Khal Jhaqo, subdued by Daenerys and Drogon.
- Victarion and his Iron Fleet.
- Ser Barristan Selmy and all the dudes inside Meeren.

Who else?
Will Tyrion turn the Second Sons before the Unsullied comes out of the gates?
And Daenerys' sellsword is gone, thankfully.
What was his nam? Whatever.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Fuck man, I can't stand the Starks anymore.

Scipio

Quote from: Siege on August 09, 2012, 05:26:31 PM
Every one of them but Bran and Ned was a worthless piece of shit in Book One, and nothing since has changed.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

Arya was awesome up until she started killing people who hadn't personally wronged her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

My main beef with the Stark kids is that they're always going on about how they are almost men and women grown, no matter how old they are.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on August 09, 2012, 06:49:04 PM
Every one of them but Bran and Ned was a worthless piece of shit in Book One, and nothing since has changed.

Bran? His chapters have always been awful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Good people are usually dull.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Wait, what did Robb do in book 1?  I thought that he was an alright guy until the Westerling disaster.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 09, 2012, 07:41:53 PM
Good people are usually dull.
Children are generally dull.
Most people are rather dull.  You know what's not dull?  Dreadnoughts.

Siege

Quote from: Scipio on August 09, 2012, 06:49:04 PM
Totally agree. Ned was kind of a square, but in a good way. I could serve him.
Unlike Stannis, which is a total retard that think "justice" is all he needs to lead.
Robert Baratheon was hands down the best leader in Westeros.
Too bad he married a Lannister. I think that marriage and getting fat were the only two stupid things he ever did.

And Bran seems great, I really like him, but his character is not fully developed, which kind of goes with his age in the novels.

I liked Robb until he started fucking that Westerling bitch, and especially after he beheaded the Lord Karstark, what was his name?
That was against all the values of the North. No man can get between a father and his revenge.
You should know the men you lead and the laws they live for.

When you think about it, both Jon and Robb made the same mistakes.
They tried to do what they thought Ned would have done, but they totally failed because Ned always did "good" whithin the frame of Northern culture. Which in the end means Ned failed to educate correctly and pass on his leadership ability to his sons.

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 09, 2012, 06:52:12 PM
Arya was awesome up until she started killing people who hadn't personally wronged her.

Why? What's wrong with killing people that need to be killed, but haven't personally wronged you?
By your account, if you didn't personally lose somebody on the 9/11, you had no bussiness fighting in the WOT.
Rethink your statement.

The Larch

Quote from: Siege on August 12, 2012, 01:59:30 AMI liked Robb until he started fucking that Westerling bitch, and especially after he beheaded the Lord Karstark, what was his name?
That was against all the values of the North. No man can get between a father and his revenge.

Since when is mindless revenge part of the values of the North? Dissobeying your liege lord and executing prisoners are much worse than that. Robb couldn't left that go unpunished, it'd be a huge blow to his credibility as a leader.

Siege

Quote from: The Larch on August 12, 2012, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 12, 2012, 01:59:30 AMI liked Robb until he started fucking that Westerling bitch, and especially after he beheaded the Lord Karstark, what was his name?

Since when is mindless revenge part of the values of the North? Dissobeying your liege lord and executing prisoners are much worse than that. Robb couldn't left that go unpunished, it'd be a huge blow to his credibility as a leader.

Exactly. He placed himself in a position with no choices. Revenge is part of North culture and he should have understood that Karstark would have taken his revenge no matter the price. Robb failed to perceive that in the North revenge is more important than trading hostages. He got this southron mentality of hostages from the Tullies.