News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

The show kinda sucks, timmay  :hug:

Jaron

but Zoupa, Roz the whore made another cameo in the latest episode!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on May 22, 2012, 12:28:03 AM

Why do you come back here? I thought you announced you are not going to watch anymore. We liked it when you were gone.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2012, 08:05:29 PM
Quote from: Siege on May 21, 2012, 08:04:39 PM
Biggest turn off so far:
- No Jeyne or Cybell Westerlings.
- No Meera or Jejen Reed.
- No Vargo Hoat.
Talisa is obviously Jeyne.

She damn well better be, or I'll be pissed.

She's already fucked Robb, and he's not injured.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jaron

The fucking part was only implied; Until I see Stark penis enter Volantene vagina, Robb is a virgin to me.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Dani's cameo in the last episode angers me...and probally tv show only fans greatly.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2012, 07:15:45 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 21, 2012, 05:04:19 PM
This might whet your appetites for next week...the Battle of Blackwater

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/20/game-of-thrones-blackwater/ 

I hope it's good, because episode eight wasn't that good.  Way too slow-moving for a show that only has ten episodes a season.  I can only think that they were scrimping on money, so used a lot of exposition scenes to minimize shooting days.

Yep, was a really weak episode last night.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on May 22, 2012, 12:28:03 AM
I'm in favor of 3/4 of the changes they've made, so I disagree.  :hug:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Gups on May 22, 2012, 02:47:36 AM

I hope it's good, because episode eight wasn't that good.  Way too slow-moving for a show that only has ten episodes a season.  I can only think that they were scrimping on money, so used a lot of exposition scenes to minimize shooting days.

I feel like I'm watching this show in Bizarro world. All the episodes I find interesting you guys hate & vice versa.

I thought last nite episode was pretty good. Lots happened & the story moved forward without a feeling of rushing thru.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2012, 07:13:18 AM

I feel like I'm watching this show in Bizarro world. All the episodes I find interesting you guys hate & vice versa.

I thought last nite episode was pretty good. Lots happened & the story moved forward without a feeling of rushing thru.

yes

Martinus

You are Quebecois and emo. You do live in Bizarro world. :P

grumbler

If you think lots happened in that ep, either you have a diffeent interpretation of "lots" or you didn't see the same episode I did.

Someone who slipped the episode completely would wonder, next week, how Arya and Jamie escaped, and that's it.  The Robb storyline didn't really advance, the Tyrion storyline didn't really advance, the Jon Snow storyline didn't really advance, the Stannis storyline didn't really advance, and the Dani storyline didn't really advance.  People just talked and talked and talked.

As I said, I am hoping that they were just saving money for the battle.  If it was a deliberate decision to have the characters tread water for 1/10 of the season because the producers thought it a superior approach to having them make decisions and take action, that's really bad news in terms of how well-produced we can expect the show to be in the future.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Robb got laid, fired his mom altho he keeps waiting for One of the 7 knows what.
Tyrion is trying to defend Kings Landing while Cersei & King Impotent go on being idiots.
Jon Snow got captured & has started infiltrating the Widlings
Stannis made Lord Onion his future Hand, also got closer to KL.
Arya blackmailed Jaquen(?) into escaping
Dany didn't do anything but I feel like this is what happens in the book too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.