News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

That guy's death was absolutely necessary for Jaime's escape.

The whole scene tidied up several parts from the book. Jaime did almost escape, he did cut down a couple Stark men, a Lannister boy is murdered in the books, and whatshisface Karstark is now enraged and wanting Jaime's head, as he should.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 17, 2012, 10:29:15 PM
I'm almost up to date in the latest season, though I've not read the new book so I've avoided this threat like the plague.

But seriously how did they find these child actors.  Arya, Bran, Joffrey and Sansa are all brilliantly played.  If directors copy the auditions these guys must have done we'll never again have to endure hype about Haley Joel Osment or Rupert Grint.

I saw all their initial casting tapes and to be honest it was obvious from them that these kids knew what they were doing even if they didn't know the books (sophie turner's was especially good at catching sansa's initial snottyness). What they did is send out a casting call to agents and to school drama clubs.

Nina Gold - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002274/ did the casting and she is very very good at it. Apparently this is a real job which, when done with skill and knowledge, produces real results well above "I just happen to know a guy/girl who would be perfect for the role".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2012, 01:07:18 AM

Nina Gold - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002274/ did the casting and she is very very good at it. Apparently this is a real job which, when done with skill and knowledge, produces real results well above "I just happen to know a guy/girl who would be perfect for the role".

:mellow:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2012, 01:08:12 AM

:mellow:

:P

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

I wish people learned to spell Cersei right. It's not Cerci or Cersi.

Eddie Teach

It's Circe. But I'm not sure why we're talking about The Odyssey here.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 17, 2012, 10:29:15 PM
I'm almost up to date in the latest season, though I've not read the new book so I've avoided this threat like the plague.

But seriously how did they find these child actors.  Arya, Bran, Joffrey and Sansa are all brilliantly played.  If directors copy the auditions these guys must have done we'll never again have to endure hype about Haley Joel Osment or Rupert Grint.

I saw all their initial casting tapes and to be honest it was obvious from them that these kids knew what they were doing even if they didn't know the books (sophie turner's was especially good at catching sansa's initial snottyness). What they did is send out a casting call to agents and to school drama clubs.

where did you see these tapes? Sounds interesting,
██████
██████
██████

Viking

jimmy olsen

The Hound and Arya's in particular are awesome!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Just watched last week's episode. Very dull and seems to continue in the vein of making most of the characters unlikable. Not sure why we needed so many screen minutes of Jon getting hammered on his lack of sexual prowess.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on May 16, 2012, 11:03:48 AM
I very much like what the show has done so far with Maergery. In just a few scenes, they've defined her extremely well, and made her interesting.

"Do you want to be a queen?"

"No...I want the be THE queen."

I hope she gets more of a role in the series.

Plus she is incredibly attractive.

Yes though I've started to wonder if that actress is capable of any other character type. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Haven't read the last several dozen pages, so I don't know if this has been posted, but what the hell anyway:

Eddie Teach

I thought her son's name was Robert. :nerd:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.