News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 04, 2011, 10:10:20 PM
It would be hard not to out-run him considering it takes him like 5 years per book.  Might light a fire under his ass.

It would have to be fairly good size fire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Viking on December 04, 2011, 09:04:07 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 04, 2011, 08:10:49 PM
If they go through with that plan, I doubt they'd delay.  I suspect the point is to actually keep the time-table (one season a year, starting in the springtime every year).

I think one of the issues might be having to get it done before Maisie Williams becomes legitimately pervable.

Yup, considering that the actress is already, amazingly, 15 or something despite looking much younger, that's a very pressing matter.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2011, 05:52:52 AM
If they go through with that plan, I doubt they'd delay.  I suspect the point is to actually keep the time-table (one season a year, starting in the springtime every year).

I think one of the issues might be having to get it done before Maisie Williams becomes legitimately pervable.

Yup, considering that the actress is already, amazingly, 15 or something despite looking much younger, that's a very pressing matter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Given how fast Martin writes it might be a problem if she were 8. It's a race against that Maxim spread she does a week after her 18th birthday. You'know the one in Xena Warrior princess type lingerĂ© armour and she starts going to parties coked out. You know the Drew Barrrymore/Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus career path. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

http://visir.is/section/MEDIA99&fileid=SRC3B2C1862-00D1-49E3-99C3-8ABBD74A3210

this is an Icelandic TV report on the filming in Iceland of the scenes north of the wall. The stuff in icelandic is mostly about the economic effect about HBO and ASOIF in general as well as tourism. And of course the one truck that was blown off the road in a storm before filming.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

At this point in the series, it's hard to envision any of them as children anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on December 05, 2011, 11:19:51 AM
Given how fast Martin writes it might be a problem if she were 8. It's a race against that Maxim spread she does a week after her 18th birthday. You'know the one in Xena Warrior princess type lingeré armour and she starts going to parties coked out. You know the Drew Barrrymore/Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus career path.

That was my intended career path, but Maxim wouldn't buy my lingere armor photos.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Really? :unsure:
I'm more concerned about the Sansa one. She already looks really old for her age.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2011, 09:09:05 AM
I'm more concerned about the Sansa one. She already looks really old for her age.

The kids are supposed to be older in the series than in the books.  That's fairly common for the screen and stage; competent child actors get easier to find as the character (and thus actor)'s age increases.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2011, 09:09:05 AM

Sansa, series Sansa, is supposed to be 14 this season.  She looks 14 to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on December 05, 2011, 11:19:51 AM
You know the Drew Barrrymore/Britney Spears/Miley Cyrus career path. 

Except she is in Britain somewhere and not in Hollywood.  Some tabloids will hack her cell phone though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

April 1 is when series two begins. 10 episodes.

From EW

It's not an April Fools joke: Game of Thrones season two will debut on April 1.

The 10-episode second season of the popular fantasy series now has an official date.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Scipio

Can't wait until the first season hits digital download.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

I'm nearly finished with the 3rd book.
So far, most of the stuff I guessed was right...

But now that I've read half of it, I went to a wiki.  And there's a nice theory on Jon Snow.

Spoiler:
Do you think it's plausible that he'd be Ned's nephew, a Targaryan heir nonetheless?

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.