News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Guys, get your act together, Miss USA might be a legitimate target.  :lol:

QuoteThe new Miss USA likes 'Game of Thrones,' supports medical marijuana, believes in evolution, and is not unattractive

Your new Miss USA is a redhead from California named Alyssa Campanella. She is allergic to the sun. When it came time to offer a personal anecdote, she said, "I'm obsessed with the Tudor and Stuart era," which is surely the nerdiest thing that anyone has ever said on a show produced by Donald Trump. Or at least, it was the nerdiest thing, until she followed it up with: "I watch Game of Thrones." Later, when Real Housewife Caroline Manzo asked if Campanella supported legalizing marijuana to inject a new source of capitalistic competition into our recessionary economy (although not in so many words), Campanella demurred by noting that, although abusing drugs is bad, medical marijuana is a social good (although not in so many words.) She apparently believes evolution should be taught in schools.

In short, your new Miss USA is a godless ginger-vampire reefer queen who spends her leisure time reading books about the British monarchy and watching a show about decapitation, incest, and dragon boobs. We salute her. True, Campanella is actually a blonde. But she openly admits that her red hair is fake. And in the end, isn't that the real truth?

Liep

She is, according to tabloids here, Danish. It's probably the same as our claim on Scarlett Johansson, in that one of her parents is Danish.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Quote from: The Larch on June 20, 2011, 04:59:26 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 20, 2011, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 20, 2011, 04:46:59 PM
I always wondered why Yoren would pick them for the Night's Watch, as they seemed to be beyond redemption and dangerous wildcards.
Could have been a package deal.  "Take your choice of men from the dungeons, but you also have to take these three.  Good luck!"

Theoretically Ned gave him the possibility of handpicking from the captives in the cells. Those three didn't seem to be exactly Night Watch material. The others were young kids and normal prisoners, but those three were in the Black Cells, they must have been guilty of something terrible in order to be there.

Well, the Night Watch is pretty desperate for anyone they can get these days.

Grey Fox

Will we see Baratheon's boy again?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on June 21, 2011, 05:22:43 AM
She is, according to tabloids here, Danish. It's probably the same as our claim on Scarlett Johansson, in that one of her parents is Danish.

50% of Ms. Johansson's genes seem enough to claim her as, partially, one of your own. We get to claim Michael Sheen that way, so you're better off.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2011, 05:23:10 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 20, 2011, 04:59:26 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 20, 2011, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 20, 2011, 04:46:59 PM
I always wondered why Yoren would pick them for the Night's Watch, as they seemed to be beyond redemption and dangerous wildcards.
Could have been a package deal.  "Take your choice of men from the dungeons, but you also have to take these three.  Good luck!"

Theoretically Ned gave him the possibility of handpicking from the captives in the cells. Those three didn't seem to be exactly Night Watch material. The others were young kids and normal prisoners, but those three were in the Black Cells, they must have been guilty of something terrible in order to be there.

Well, the Night Watch is pretty desperate for anyone they can get these days.

I'd still draw a line between "anyone they can get" and those three.

Grallon

The last scene (mother of dragons) was almost as powerful visually as it was in the book.

When is the fat man's next book coming out?  I'll re-read the whole thing.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Grallon

Oh I forgot Lancel's cute little butt! :wub:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

When they first showed naked Lancel, I thought it was some girl.

Josquius

:lol:
I too thought 'oh? Is it naked girly time again? Looks a bit thin don't she?.....oh wait....its that Lancel bit.'
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

I can't wait until I have time to watch all ten episodes back to back.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Grallon on June 21, 2011, 06:16:19 AM
The last scene (mother of dragons) was almost as powerful visually as it was in the book.

G.

Agree - they really hit that one out of the park. The entire thing was very, very well done.

Considering they only had ten episodes to do it, and the Daeny story is only about 25% of the screen time, they did a masterful job of turning her from the scared little sister of Viserys to the Mother of Dragons.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2011, 07:48:53 AM
Considering they only had ten episodes to do it, and the Daeny story is only about 25% of the screen time, they did a masterful job of turning her from the scared little sister of Viserys to the Mother of Dragons.
the actress is formidable too, you can believe that she's a scared little girl at first, and you can see her evolve in her role of Khaleesi and eventually leader of her own tribe at the end of the season.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on June 21, 2011, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2011, 07:48:53 AM
the actress is formidable too, you can believe that she's a scared little girl at first, and you can see her evolve in her role of Khaleesi and eventually leader of her own tribe at the end of the season.

I disagree, to me she still looks like a scarred little girls that's faking it. EC sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.