Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 04:39:05 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 20, 2011, 05:41:22 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 20, 2011, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 20, 2011, 05:00:18 PM
Gotta say, it clearly appears the writers of GoT agree with my opinion on Sandor.  :hmm:

What was your opinion of Sandor?

That he is essentially a righteous man.  :hmm:

Mycah begs to differ.

Mycah doesn't have a say any more.

Regardless, he's no more a villain for killing Mycah than Stark is for killing Lady.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Slargos on May 21, 2011, 07:14:06 AM
Gotta say, it clearly appears the writers of GoT agree with my opinion on Sandor.  :hmm:

Mycah begs to differ.

Regardless, he's no more a villain for killing Mycah than Stark is for killing Lady.
:rolleyes:

Lady is a wolf, Mycah is a human being, they're not the same.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Mycah begs to differ.

Agreed, Ned's "Ai wass djost fallawink orders" schtick don't work. Both Arya and Sansa saw threw it and they are just little brats.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 07:31:46 AM

Agreed, Ned's "Ai wass djost fallawink orders" schtick don't work. Both Arya and Sansa saw threw it and they are just little brats.
So unjustly killing a wolf is as villainous as unjustly killing a person?  Is that your position?  Because that is the position to which you just "agreed."

Kinda curious how far your equivalence to a human goes, below wolves.  Is unjustly killing a bird as  as villainous as unjustly killing a person?  A snail?  A microbe?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2011, 07:52:41 AM

So unjustly killing a wolf is as villainous as unjustly killing a person?  Is that your position?  Because that is the position to which you just "agreed."

Kinda curious how far your equivalence to a human goes, below wolves.  Is unjustly killing a bird as  as villainous as unjustly killing a person?  A snail?  A microbe?

They are merely ink on paper. Both are mere plot devices. It's fiction dickwad.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Depends on the wolf, I suppose. It would be in Narnia or Middle Earth, probably not in Westeros though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2011, 07:23:34 AM

Mycah begs to differ.

:rolleyes:

Lady is a wolf, Mycah is a human being, they're not the same.

Why not?

Slargos

For all intents and purposes, equivalence can be measured in the amount of empathy someone feels for the subject. Killing a little girl's beloved puppy is more villainous than killing her paedophile step-father.

You atheists crossed that line when you determined humans have no souls and as such are no more or less worth than any other conglomerate of molecules OTHER than in their value to others.

Viking

BTW, I expect Sansa to warg into Sandor before the series is over.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 08:00:51 AM
:lol:  "They are merely ink on paper" and you get your panties so far in a wad that you start throwing out the personal insults?

Very mature.  :bowler:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Slargos on May 21, 2011, 08:28:01 AM

For all intents and purposes, equivalence can be measured in the amount of empathy someone feels for the subject. Killing a little girl's beloved puppy is more villainous than killing her paedophile step-father.

You atheists crossed that line when you determined humans have no souls and as such are no more or less worth than any other conglomerate of molecules OTHER than in their value to others.

You are an atheist as well :contract:

How does anything follow from atheism?

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2011, 08:30:56 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 08:00:51 AM
:lol:  "They are merely ink on paper" and you get your panties so far in a wad that you start throwing out the personal insults?

Very mature.  :bowler:

I always throw insults at you, you are richly deserving of them.

grumbler

Red herring much?

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 08:31:08 AM

You are an atheist as well :contract:

How does anything follow from atheism?

Am I? I really don't know.

It doesn't, really.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2011, 08:32:40 AM
Red herring much?

A bumblebee died on my floor this morning. A very sad sight.

How is that death any less filled with meaning than any random death of a person I feel nothing for?