News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: The Larch on April 19, 2011, 02:33:54 AM
Well, after watching the episode last night, I must say that it's awesometastic. Sure there were cuts here and there and I can perfectly picture the Martin Talebans screaming to high heaven about how they omitted a key quote or some minute detail, but in my book it was supremely well done.

And the direwolf puppies are so goddamn adorable...it's going to be heartbreaking when they execute Lady.  :cry:

OMG! Spoilaars!  :yucky:

The Larch

Quote from: Slargos on April 19, 2011, 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 19, 2011, 02:33:54 AM
Well, after watching the episode last night, I must say that it's awesometastic. Sure there were cuts here and there and I can perfectly picture the Martin Talebans screaming to high heaven about how they omitted a key quote or some minute detail, but in my book it was supremely well done.

And the direwolf puppies are so goddamn adorable...it's going to be heartbreaking when they execute Lady.  :cry:

OMG! Spoilaars!  :yucky:

If you know who Lady is, you already know how the situation ends. ;) They don't even name the pups in the episode.  :P

The Larch

Btw, you were totally right about the actor that plays Joffrey. He doesn't even get a single line, yet you want to punch him at first sight just for the smugness of his face.

Martinus

Speaking of which, anyone disagrees that Lannisters get the best lines in the show?

Tyrion and Jaime have the best one-liners. :P

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 06:01:30 AM
Speaking of which, anyone disagrees that Lannisters get the best lines in the show?

If you are the kind of person who sees virtue in spite and malignance.

I think that sometimes we forget that there's a world outside the cauldron of hate, vitriol and malignance that is the Internet in general but Languish in particular, and begin to admire the perverse and degenerative.

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" qualifies as the best one liner in my book.  :hmm:

Josquius

Nah, I liked the "A dothraki wedding without at least 3 deaths is considered a dull affair"
I recognised the Illyrio actor so much but couldn't place him, my mam said it was the guy from Knightmare (best ye olde kids show ever) but checking up thats a no, can't recognise anything from the actual guy's IMDB listing. hmm...
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on April 19, 2011, 06:25:22 AM
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" qualifies as the best one liner in my book.  :hmm:

One-liners are generally judged on their wit rather than their wisdom...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 19, 2011, 06:31:05 AM
Nah, I liked the "A dothraki wedding without at least 3 deaths is considered a dull affair"
I recognised the Illyrio actor so much but couldn't place him, my mam said it was the guy from Knightmare (best ye olde kids show ever) but checking up thats a no, can't recognise anything from the actual guy's IMDB listing. hmm...

V for Vendetta? Also from the opposition camp in The Thick of It.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: The Larch on April 19, 2011, 02:52:39 AM
Btw, you were totally right about the actor that plays Joffrey. He doesn't even get a single line, yet you want to punch him at first sight just for the smugness of his face.
Heh,yeah, so the actor was doing his character right. As in the book Joff is pretty much a vain, shallow, egotist.

Martinus

I think that sometimes we forget that there's a world outside the cauldron of hate, vitriol and malignance that is the Internet in general but Languish in particular, and begin to admire the perverse and degenerative.

Disagree. "The things I do for love" is much better.

Tamas

I agree with my Swedonazi friend.

Berkut

"He won't be a boy forever, and winter is coming".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

If you are looking for wisdom and not just being witty, then still Tyrion wins with: "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won't. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

The Larch

Btw, another important character that gets relatively little screen time is Theon Greyjoy. Who he is exactly is not explained at all in the episode, I guess that'll be exposed later. For now he's just a guy who hangs around the Stark kids but who clearly is not part of the family and follows Eddard directly. In fact in the archery scene at the beginning I kinda expected that the person who out-shot Bran from behind was him and not Arya.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 07:26:08 AM
If you are looking for wisdom and not just being witty, then still Tyrion wins with: "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won't. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Too long to be the best one liner, what with it being 4 lines and all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned