Daenyrs was not as thin as I imagined her, but in a rather good way. :perv:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 04:01:27 PM
A fair point, yeah.

Though I think someone like Hayden Panettiere

She's too young and she looks like a (hot) peasant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

I must say that the opening credits are stunning and nerdgasmatic. I hope they're specific for every episode.  :mmm:

Martinus

In short, this is HBO at its best. Great story (courtesy of GRRM) plus lots of gratuitous, graphic sexiness and violence.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2011, 04:12:01 PM
FUCK.

THAT SHIT MOTHERFUCKING ROCKS.

Hehe that is pretty much word for word what I said when it ended.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 18, 2011, 04:24:49 PM

I must say that the opening credits are stunning and nerdgasmatic. I hope they're specific for every episode.  :mmm:

I hear they are.  They show you all the key locals for the episode.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

LOL no kidding. I've been listening this on loop since I finished watching the first episode about half an hour ago.  :blush:

I heard it's going to change each episode, focusing on the locales being featured at the time.

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 18, 2011, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 04:01:27 PM
A fair point, yeah.

Though I think someone like Hayden Panettiere

She's too young and she looks like a (hot) peasant.

Peasant? Maybe.

Larter would work though, I think.

Slargos

She's got that je ne sais quois:hmm:

Smug, self-confident, "I could murder puppies and babies without losing any sleep".  :menace:

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2011, 01:51:15 PM
Viserys kind of sucked. He came across as petulant the way you expect, but there wasn't anything else to him - you certainly never got any feel for his being driven or obsessed. Just kind of a bitch. And creepy.

Frankly, that was my impression of him from the books - nothing but a creepy crazy bitch. In all honesty, they probably did not  have enough time to do enough exposure on him - the part about him having Danny be fucked by 40,000 Dothraki and their horses was supposed to convey the message, I guess.

Considering this was the "exposure" episode (read: "let's introduce all the 100 major characters") I think it went pretty well, and on top of that it has great promise for the rest of it.

Sophie Scholl

I just got the books and plan on knocking them back shortly.  I also read the two Hedge Knight Graphic novels as a semi-intro to the series.  Should I watch the first episode while reading the beginning of the book or wait till I've finished the whole first book before watching the show?  Also, as I was reading some intros to characters, a thought popped in my head:  Is Jon Snow actually Lyanna's son with either Robert or Rhaegar and that is what she made Ned promise?  To claim him as his own son and to promise to raise him?  Just curious if I totally misread the short character background or not about him.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sahib

I liked Rome and John Adams credits better. Looks a bit too steampunkish for Asoiaf  :P
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Slargos

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 18, 2011, 04:34:56 PM
I just got the books and plan on knocking them back shortly.  I also read the two Hedge Knight Graphic novels as a semi-intro to the series.  Should I watch the first episode while reading the beginning of the book or wait till I've finished the whole first book before watching the show?  Also, as I was reading some intros to characters, a thought popped in my head:  Is Jon Snow actually Lyanna's son with either Robert or Rhaegar and that is what she made Ned promise?  To claim him as his own son and to promise to raise him?  Just curious if I totally misread the short character background or not about him.

:hmm:

Though if you got that from the bios, I think they are too damn revealing.  :hmm:

bogh

On the Sandor Clegane question;

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Is_Sandor_dead/

I think its a fairly convincing argument. In general I can't think of a major character killed without the reader being a direct witness through a POV character.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 04:36:45 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 18, 2011, 04:34:56 PM

:hmm:

Though if you got that from the bios, I think they are too damn revealing.  :hmm:
Yeah, I was browsing a bit and thought so myself, so I stopped after a few.  I suppose if it were true, it'd allow him to have a claim to the throne.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."