News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2011, 01:38:53 PM
Did anyone else think the direwolf looked to be about horse sized?

I mean, they are supposed to be big, but that is a bit much.

That seemed about right to me. They're supposed to be huge.
The pups looked odd to me, probably just because they're cute puppies but also so big.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Berkut

Viserys kind of sucked. He came across as petulant the way you expect, but there wasn't anything else to him - you certainly never got any feel for his being driven or obsessed. Just kind of a bitch. And creepy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2011, 01:38:53 PM
Did anyone else think the direwolf looked to be about horse sized?

I mean, they are supposed to be big, but that is a bit much.

I think actual dire wolves were the size of small ponies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

The Hound is as dead as anyone ever gets in the Martinverse.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2011, 01:51:15 PM
Viserys kind of sucked. He came across as petulant the way you expect, but there wasn't anything else to him - you certainly never got any feel for his being driven or obsessed. Just kind of a bitch. And creepy.
Yeah, he did come across like that a bit. He was ok though; reminded me of how controlling and nasty he was to his sister. I had forgotten some of that.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2011, 12:31:04 PM

Yeah she had a crush on Joff for most of the first book but that was what made her interesting.  She was a young idealist who got smacked by the real world and how she deals with it.  I certainly was there back in my early teens.

I love Sansa she is one of my favs but then I always love the 'everyman' (so to speak) stuck in extraordinary circumstances.  I especially love how she says 'Fuck you' so well while on the surface saying and doing all the right things.  I think she is really going to surpise people at the end.
In the book I liked Arya more than Sansa. But I got into how Sansa changed as reality hit her like a sledge hammer, and dismantled her idealistic world view of fine Princes and perfect Royalty. So I'm very interested to see how she progresses in the nextg book or two.

KRonn

Over all I liked the show. Looking forward to more of the series! Been a few years since I read the books, but I think I remember it pretty well, so the goings on and who is who makes sense to me.

Faeelin

Was he driven though? He sat around bitching and waiting for someone else to give him his kingdom, and his "actions" consisting of pimping his sister.

Slargos

I dunno. I thought he looked the perfect sociopath.

Slargos

I will say this: Most misgivings I had about the casting are swept away. They simply Work.

I maintain that Cersei simply isn't stunning enough, but it's a minor quibble.

Especially good is Joffrey. That little cunt gets on my nerves without even uttering a single word.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on April 18, 2011, 03:50:12 PM
I will say this: Most misgivings I had about the casting are swept away. They simply Work.

Especially good is Joffrey. That little cunt gets on my nerves without even uttering a single word.

Agree on all points, except that in general I am not bothered by Cersei not being hot enough - I don't know that anyone in existence is hot enough to do Cersei justice as described in the books. And I would much rather they get a competent and good looking address than a model who cannot act at all. Her role is way too important.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2011, 03:57:36 PM

Agree on all points, except that in general I am not bothered by Cersei not being hot enough - I don't know that anyone in existence is hot enough to do Cersei justice as described in the books. And I would much rather they get a competent and good looking address than a model who cannot act at all. Her role is way too important.

A fair point, yeah.

Though I think someone like Hayden Panettiere or Ali Larter could actually be the ticket.

Martinus

FUCK.

THAT SHIT MOTHERFUCKING ROCKS.

I loved it.  :cool:

Tamas

Yeah and I think this will be rather important, since probably there won't be much time to elarobate on the level of his assholeness, like it was done in the books. That kid was a perfect choice.

Martinus

Martinus's verdict:

This shit rocks.

Lannisters: perfectly cast. Jaime is devil-may-care handsome asshole. Cersei is a cold good looking bitch. The imp is the imp.
Starks: greatly cast.
Robert Baratheon: fat, charismatic, well cast.
Targaeryns: great too. Viseris is a little bitch. Daenerys has too wide hips (wtf) but otherwise great.

Extra super plus: All the hot young Starks getting shaved, half-nekkid. :mmm: