News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

A pic of all the animals on the farm in France.

Ed Anger

A treat for the Brain in the lower right of the picture.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Reposted from my photo essay in honor of The Brain.  Meine poor Kleiner Mensch after having lost all at the roulette wheel.    :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

I think Brown cat may be a lesbian.  She tries to get a male mating position with the other cats (the others are female), and she tries to make territory like a male cat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Sometimes my female dog likes to hump one of the cats(also female).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2011, 05:54:29 PM
A treat for the Brain in the lower right of the picture.

When we got them, we didn't really know how to raise goats. They act like dogs now. Wanting to be petted all the time, following us around, playing, asking for treats, sleeping on our feet under the table.  :D

It's not really a farm per se, my dad is an engineer. But since all previous generations were farmers, it felt natural for my parents to buy a house with a big terrain and fill it with critters.

Grinning_Colossus

I saw some gay stray dogs in a park here recently. Well, one was gay. The other wasn't really having it.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Cecil

RIP my friend.

I´ll miss you buddy.   :(

Ideologue

:(

That looks almost exactly like my oldest cat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

We seem to have acquired a cat.  One of aa's friends moved into a new rental property, and aa agreed that we'd look out for her cat "until she can convince the landlord to let her have a cat".    That was in August, IIRC.

It's OK, though.  She's housebroken, and gets along OK with the dog (which also technically we're just taking care of for someone else for a while.  The bad news is that she eats more in a week than the dog does in 2 months.

mongers

Quote from: Cecil on January 22, 2012, 03:45:02 PM
RIP my friend.

I´ll miss you buddy.   :(

:(

Sorry, cats can be great company, more so that most people.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I like the idea of a Cat Megathread. 

citizen k

Arkansas Democrat's cat killed, painted with "liberal"
By Suzi Parker Mon, Jan 23, 2012

LITTLE ROCK, Ark (Reuters) - A cat belonging to an Arkansas Democratic campaign manager was found dead on Sunday night with the word "Liberal" spray-painted across its side, the campaign manager said.

The cat was a pet of Jake Burris, who manages Democrat Ken Aden's bid for Arkansas' 3rd Congressional District. Aden is running against incumbent Republican Representative Steve Womack.

Burris was returning to his Russellville, Arkansas home with his four children when he found the cat on his doorstep, the Aden campaign said in a press release on Monday.

The mixed-breed Siamese cat had one side of its head bashed in to "the point the cat's eyeball was barely hanging from its socket," the release said.

Aden told Reuters that the event was "horrible, to say the least."

"Thankfully, there are not that many people who want to do something like this," Aden said. "The majority of people in this district are hard-working folks, but you get the occasional crazy individual out there."

The Russellville Police Department is investigating the incident as an animal cruelty case, according to a police official. Russellville is 80 miles west of Little Rock.

Aden and Burris said they did not believe Womack or his re-election campaign were involved in the incident.

Arkansas' 3rd District is heavily conservative Republican and has been held by a Republican since the 1966 election. Womack first won the congressional seat in 2010 with 72 percent of the vote.

The Womack campaign denounced the violence on Monday.

"The thought of brutalizing any animal for the sake of making a political statement is beyond any standard of decency and the person or people responsible for this act should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law," said Beau Walker, Womack's chief of staff.