L.A. Noire' to be first game screened at Tribeca Film Festival

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2011, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on May 15, 2011, 04:02:48 AM
Yes, you do. You have tainted big boobs. Now they are no longer fun.  <_<
No... no... that's not true.... that's IMPOSSIBLE!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Norgy on May 15, 2011, 04:02:48 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2011, 12:33:18 PM
Quote from: Norgy on May 14, 2011, 12:22:01 PM
Stop tainting it!  :mad:
I don't taint shit. :wacko:

Yes, you do. You have tainted big boobs. Now they are no longer fun.  <_<

I have to respectfully disagree.  Big boobs will always be fun. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Norgy

Caliga

Caliga

Norgy

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2011, 07:24:26 AM
Quote from: Norgy on May 21, 2011, 07:15:15 AM
Reviews say: Tainted.  <_<
:(

I don't think it's your fault, rather the scope and ambitions of the game being seriously hampered by it being a video game...

But when the big game sites do not drool and rave over this, it can only mean it's mediocre. I recieved my copy yesterday, but feel little or no incentive to fire it up and try. It'll be Alan Wake again.

Camerus

Quote from: sbr on May 14, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
We should invite the 2 jokers that had the innane conversation in the comments section here, though Teran would have to find a new schtick, that one is already taken here.

Indeed.   :lol:

garbon

Sounds like playing the cop side of Law & Order. I could dig but not at $60.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 21, 2011, 09:16:54 AM
Quote from: sbr on May 14, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
We should invite the 2 jokers that had the innane conversation in the comments section here, though Teran would have to find a new schtick, that one is already taken here.

Indeed.   :lol:
Actually, I just assume that "Viking" was already taken on that forum and he couldn't spell "Tehran."  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

It sucks?
Aww...I knew it couldn't get anywhere near the hype but I was hoping for something decent at least. Like Farenheight maybe. The start of it anyway.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2011, 09:49:20 PM
It sucks?
Aww...I knew it couldn't get anywhere near the hype but I was hoping for something decent at least. Like Farenheight maybe. The start of it anyway.
I don't know from the reviews I have seen that it sucks.  I just don't think it wins any of the traditional accolades.  That can be good.

Lacking a console, I have no horse in the race, but it sounds fascinating to me, even if broken a bit.  Hell, we all are here because of fascinating but broken (a bit, or more) games.

I'll wait for reviews from people I trust.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

my roommate bought it, and so while i've not played it to completion i have seen some of it-

it kinda sucks. i mean, it's like they took a gta game with the linear storyline, removed or reduced the sandbox element and forced the player to play out missions ("cases") like some modern fps while pretending to be open-ended. there's no detective-work required; all you do is run around waiting for the controller to vibrate, press x, rinse and repeat for the crime scenes. interrogations are lame, the combat is no different from the rest of the rockstar games, and in general- feels like a waste of $60. there may be an intriguing storyline behind it, but if there is i never saw it