Lettow thread- Tea, romance, & etc.

Started by Lettow77, March 29, 2011, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

But still harsh considering the actual circumstances...and that's why I said that it was more of a face-palm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

Hm? No, it's fine to ask, and I don't see any need to infer malicious intent into the question

The missus and I broke up after five years. I had resolved to date her until eternity, marrying her when I could support her economically. To me, this became disassociated with how pleasant she was or wasn't. I'd promised, after all. So as she became more withdrawn into the internet and the subculture of some webcomic, I lamented it, and sometimes i'd talk about how things could be better, but for the most part I just tolerated it, and bristled at the comments from my roommate and hers, a couple themselves, about how much of a shut in she was, along with various other problems.

It seems one day I was drunk and rambled at her about problems. I broke up with her, in spite of my word, to my shame. When I sobered up I refused to apologize, because I felt my complaints had merit. I assumed she'd return on her own- she did not, and by the time I took a notion to apologize for my hasty actions, she was not interested. The notion that she ultimately wanted to be rid of me was jarring, and an enormous loss. We understood each other's thoughts and personalities extremely well. It was painful to lose her by degrees to her internet community, but when she was gone I suddenly felt like there was nobody I could talk to who knew me as she did, and worse, that my life was without any direction. My purpose had been the establishment of a family and supporting a wife. That's a strange thing I know, but I really admire domestic tranquility and always wished there was more of it in my childhood. I just felt very devastated.

There was no climatic event or horrible fight, I just complained to her one day, and she evidently very quietly stopped loving me. In truth she had become someone who irritated me more often than not, but that never mattered to me. I accepted it as a thing to be borne, or at least I did my very best to do so, and had no intentions of leaving her.

I had forgotten how unstable and unhappy I was outside of a relationship; languish may remember how troubled I was very early on before I met her. I assumed I could chalk that up to being 15 or so, but no, it is very much a problem I didn't really outgrow.  The idea there is nobody to come home to is pretty crushing. 

Onto other questions-

The highest grade in my college, at least, is a 4.0, suggesting all A's. 3.5 would be an even mix of hours, A and B. My GPA before this semester was something like 3.80, as I have mostly been taking history classes.

I do in fact support the independence of the Uighurs and Tibetans, as well as the cessation of inner Mongolia to Mongolia proper. I've even looked with interest at the history of dissent in South China, which seems to have a less collective culture. I don't know enough about it to go further.

I said I respected China, not that I liked it or its policies. It is a mighty civilization that contributes to the world. The same could be said of say, England, without inferring I don't support Scottish independence.

I miss my sling. I used to go out casting stones, but my cousin down in Mississippi has it. It accidentally got lumped in with some articles of my father's when he moved in very briefly down there. It took a lot of practice to have the degree of accuracy I achieved, and after over a year I bet it's faded.

Edit: So there's no consensus at all for what to call a young lady from China? Chinaman girl it is. Chinaman girl it always was, really.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Perhaps you could call her by her name? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

There's perfect concensus on what to call a girl from China.  She's Chinese.

If she were of Chinese descent, but either born in this country or immigrated here, you could call her Chinese-American.

Since she's of mixed ancestry, half Asian an half American, you should call her Amerasian.

Lettow77

Mostly I just call her miss. I seldom ever use people's names- my best friend in the world is his last name, my father was father, the missus was missus

I appreciate titles a lot, and wish English had a system comparable to the one in Japanese.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2011, 06:00:31 PM
Mostly I just call her miss.

Fine.  Just don't call her chinaman girl.  Please.

Lettow77

I really don't like chai tea so much. There's this white chai, and it generally languishes in the drawer. I decided to give it a chance, and regretted doing so.

but really, I think it's been sitting there too long, anyway, which makes the taste worse, in turn making it sit there longer.

On the other hand, the warm milk chai drink I had somewhere was wonderful.

Caliga

I appreciate titles a lot, and wish English had a system comparable to the one in Japanese.
You're to address me as Colonel, then.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jamesww

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2011, 07:08:04 PM
You're to address me as Colonel, then.

<_<
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2011, 04:23:45 AM
You mistake me. I have a respect for China's civilization. Elsewhere I have referred to the orient as one of the two pillars of civilization in the world, and China is the beating heart of the orient. China comforts me, because even if the west should fall, it will still be there.

China does not scare me as a threat to the west. That is not really in China's nature. The west is far more likely to threaten China; that sort of thing is in our nature.

Chinaman girl has no negative connotation, or at least none was meant. They are fine folks i'm sure. I sure do like mono.

I apologize if you took offense.

Lettow, fuck him.  Fuck him and his eggplanty gypsy ass.  Don't let him push you around.  He wears a track suit when he pirates software, for fuck's sake.

But fuck you too, for simply being a Confederatard.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2011, 05:15:43 PM
Edit: So there's no consensus at all for what to call a young lady from China? Chinaman girl it is. Chinaman girl it always was, really.

Call her what I learned to call mine after a while: Dragon Lady.  You'll learn.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and just because it's your thread, I'm taking a big ol Star Spangled Sherman shit on it.