News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2015, 12:06:50 PM
Didn't take them long to start reversing some of the more idiotic decisions of the last government.

Good.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2015, 12:06:50 PM
Didn't take them long to start reversing some of the more idiotic decisions of the last government.

QuoteJustin Trudeau's new Liberal government will reinstate the mandatory longform census, which was cancelled in 2010 by Stephen Harper's Conservatives.

It was replaced by a voluntary National Household Survey for the 2011 study. Critics said data from Statistics Canada's voluntary survey was of much lower quality than the mandatory census.

Navdeep Bains, the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, and Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, made the announcement in the House of Commons foyer in Ottawa on Thursday.

"As we said throughout the election campaign, we are committed to making evidence-based decisions on programs and policies and to providing better and more timely services to Canadians," Mr. Bains said
Not that big a deal, but nice to see it's back.  It's like governments base their programs and policies on statistics anyway.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2015, 11:39:00 AM
How bad is the CBC?

1) Bad
2) Very Bad
3) The what?

The answer really does not change anything, it still sucks.
There was this show, The Border, a few years ago.  That was good.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

QuoteLe Canada, terre de la liberté

Le Canada s'est illustré cette année dans le classement comme le "pays le plus libre au monde" selon les rédacteurs du rapport, du fait de sa tolérance envers les immigrés, les minorités, mais aussi grâce à une bonne liberté d'expression et de pensée. Il ressort qu'une grande majorité des Canadiens - 92% - est d'accord avec le fait que leur pays est un bon pays pour les immigrants, et que 94% pensent avoir la liberté de choisir leur trajectoire de vie.

Canada, land of the free

Canada has shown this year in the rankings as the "freest country in the world" according to the editors of the report, because of its tolerance towards immigrants, minorities, but also through good freedom of expression and thought. It appears that a vast majority of Canadians - 92% - agreed with the fact that their country is a good country for immigrants, and 94% think they have the freedom to choose their path in life.

http://www.prosperity.com/#!/ranking

Nice contrast with the Liberal propaganda.

crazy canuck

As I told you the last time you brought up good rankings, yes, this is a great country.  Perhaps the best country in the world.  And we would like to keep it that way.  Silly talk about introducing barbaric practices hotlines would not have helped

garbon

No civilized state sells milk in bags. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

Meh.  It's an eastern Canadian thing.  The good parts of the country use cartons like everyone else.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

It just goes to show that we should have stayed with the British if we wanted to truly be the free-ist nation on earth.  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

It is the most of civilized of container. A perfect pint.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

My ladyfriend from Ontario swears by milk in bags because you can cut a smaller, or larger hole, in the bag and thus you have better control over how much milk goes in your tea.  Try an easy dash of milk in your Earl Grey from a newly opened four litre jug. 

garbon

Quote from: PRC on November 05, 2015, 05:22:27 PM
My ladyfriend from Ontario swears by milk in bags because you can cut a smaller, or larger hole, in the bag and thus you have better control over how much milk goes in your tea.  Try an easy dash of milk in your Earl Grey from a newly opened four litre jug. 

I don't understand. How often does it come up that you have just put a large jug of milk and want to pour just a small dollop into tea? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

But then you have to drink the tea.  :(

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2015, 05:27:25 PM

But then you have to drink the tea.  :(

I would call you a Philistine but that would be giving Philistines a bad wrap.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2015, 05:27:09 PM

I don't understand. How often does it come up that you have just put a large jug of milk and want to pour just a small dollop into tea? :huh:

If all one buys is large jugs of milk, like we do, it happens daily.  The other solution is to pour the milk into a smaller serving container first but I can see how the other method is more efficient.