News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2015, 12:53:51 PM
Not quite - debate is 6:30 to 8, game starts at 8.

And I thought you weren't following that series.  :P

I'm not.  But I note from all the people wearing a Canuck's jersey to work that there must be a game tonight. 

PRC

Grey Fox

What are the provision of this culture destroying Bill 10?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rex Francorum

To rent

Rex Francorum

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2015, 08:49:56 PM
What are the provision of this culture destroying Bill 10?

Voyons Grey Fox. Facts are not important. Values are!  :D
To rent

Grey Fox

Admiral Yi

Does Canada have its own college admissions test, or does everyone take the SAT and/or the ACT?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2015, 07:59:07 AM
Does Canada have its own college admissions test, or does everyone take the SAT and/or the ACT?
There is no college admissions test.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2015, 07:59:07 AM
Education is a provincial responsibility.  Each provinces have their own way of doing things.

For Quebec, it's only your high school grades that matter.  The Ministère de l'Éducation provides standardizes tests for many subjects and these counts for parts of your grades.

For universities, you need to take a French test while in College.  To graduate from some faculties, you'll be required to either take an English test or take English classes up to mid-level english.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Yeah, it's just based on high school grades.

We don't have the, err, wide disparity in secondary education quality you folks have.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

You don't have hardcore inner city Canadian schools that need to be saved by Morgan Freeman and Michelle Pfeifferr?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Polls suggestions NDP leader Rachel Notley won the debate last night.  Brian Jean wasn't terrible (and I'll still vote for him) but he needs more practice.  Prentice is a good politician, but got hammered over the PCs overall record all night long.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2015, 09:56:59 AM
You don't have hardcore inner city Canadian schools that need to be saved by Morgan Freeman and Michelle Pfeifferr?
some schools perform less well than others, but many middle class parents can still afford private schools (subsidized to 60%) for their kids, or one of them.  I still don't think the disparity is as wide as it can be in the US.

But French schools are still often getting screwed by English school boards.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-francophone-parents-win-supreme-court-of-canada-ruling-1.3047309
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I live with 500m of an English school. They have it way better than their french counter part. Even in Quebec.