Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on March 14, 2014, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 14, 2014, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 14, 2014, 02:55:46 PM
My fear is that Tory and Chow split the anti-Ford vote between them on left/right lines, leaving Ford the winner - more long years of his assclownery.  :(
Would that really be so bad?
I would prefer a mayor who was capable of doing stuff other than get wasted, shoot his mouth off, eat everything in sight, and boast about his oral sex skillz.  :yuk:

Entertaining as all that is, there is a certain amount of actuall stuff that needs doing.
Someone else will do those jobs, as the council will presumably continue to strip Ford of his power amd authority.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Apparently rejected from the Toronto Star.  It'll please the Canuckistani Languish crowd, I'm sure :)

Edit: doesn't work, here's the link:
https://twitter.com/TheoMoudakis/status/444102978274750465/photo/1
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Why would that be pleasing?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Because we enjoy watching viper venting his persecution complex.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2014, 09:10:38 AM
Why would that be pleasing?
'cause it's funny? :)
It's Canada's overraction to the arrival of a popular candidate.

Anyway, if it ever happens, it'll be Canada's fault.  They'll have only themselves to blame.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Ontario looks weird without Quebec. like a fat Italy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

yeah, never noticed how similar to Italy it is.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Yes, of course you get to keep Labrador.

:lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2014, 06:47:54 AM

it's part of newfie-land so we get to keep it :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on March 17, 2014, 07:36:23 AM

No, it's not.  :mad:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

We would send troops and take over anywhere where there are anglos at risk, since they would face the near certainty of genocide.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2014, 08:02:54 AM
Quote from: HVC on March 17, 2014, 07:36:23 AM

No, it's not.  :mad:
is so!

I'm not too familiar with the history, but I'm guessing there's some dispute there?

Ps, we also get to keep the Indian lands, they like us more :D

HVC

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2014, 08:07:30 AM
We would send troops and take over anywhere where there are anglos at risk, since they would face the near certainty of genocide.
i wonder what would happen if parts of Quebec tried to secede back to Canada. Mainly the border lands I guess. Kind of hard to say you can't go after you just seceded yourself.

Iormlund

Quote from: HVC on March 17, 2014, 08:25:22 AMKind of hard to say you can't go after you just seceded yourself.

You don't know that many nationalists, do you?