Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2011, 10:45:12 AM
Yes because there is a shortage of shady, unethical doctors. :lol:
Depends what you mean by that.
Back alley doctors?  I don't think that really exists up here.
Doctors giving meds without really thinking about it?  Yeah, sure, tons of them.

But it really ain't the same thing as Big Pharma pushing to get recreational drugs out to the street/store.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Fate

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2011, 08:13:44 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 07, 2011, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 07, 2011, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 07, 2011, 02:41:01 PM@Malthus I know that.
But I was asking about non prescription drug, because it's implied that people can, right now, walk into a grocery store or a drugstore and buy something equivalent to illegal drugs and it was legal because it was coming from "big pharma" unlike heroin&other drugs wich comes from gentle & compationate people...
It's not really legitimate to compare heroin et. al. to non-prescription drugs. If heroin and drugs like that were legalized, I'm pretty sure they'd require a prescription of some sort.
I have my doubts.
Is there an opiate that doesn't require a prescription?

Dextromethorphan (an ingredient in OTC cough syrup), but you'd be hard pressed to get an opiate high off of it.

crazy canuck

It looks like I am flying tomorrow after all.

I heard an interesting analysis that deep down the union wants the government to prevent a strike because that would force the dispute to be decided by interest arbitration and the theory goes unions always do better at interest arbitrtation then negotiated settlements.

The trick for the union in most disputes is to get to the interest arbitration.  Not here.

viper37

wich party hired you, the union or Air Canada?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 12, 2011, 06:08:26 PM
wich party hired you, the union or Air Canada?

We are not involved in this one and I never represent unions.  On occasion I represent union members in dispute with their union however.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 06:32:30 PMWe are not involved in this one and I never represent unions.  On occasion I represent union members in dispute with their union however.

Is that a deliberate choice on your part, a deliberate choice on their part or sheer coincidence?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 06:45:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 06:32:30 PMWe are not involved in this one and I never represent unions.  On occasion I represent union members in dispute with their union however.

Is that a deliberate choice on your part, a deliberate choice on their part or sheer coincidence?

Labour law is one of those things that is one or the other.  No one who represents an employer would ever be retained by a union and vica verca.  There are some very rare cases when someone makes a switch from one side to the other but once that switch is made non of the clients from the other side are ever kept.

Jacob

I didn't know that. Interesting.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 10:05:30 PM
I didn't know that. Interesting.

You see more cross-over between Crown and defence than you do labour and management.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Vancouver and Halifax were awarded the shipbuilding contracts.  I cant tell you how happy this makes me.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 03:40:38 PM
Vancouver and Halifax were awarded the shipbuilding contracts.  I cant tell you how happy this makes me.

Why?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Malthus

Let me guess - Quebec will not be happy.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Why Vancouver?  That's enemy territory just as much as Quebec.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 03:51:53 PM
Why Vancouver?  That's enemy territory just as much as Quebec.

I agree.  Clearly the shipbuilding contract needed to go to Manitoba. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 03:42:53 PM

Let me guess - Quebec will not be happy.

No, another reason.