News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

And once again everything will hinge on the backs of the fickle greater southern Ontario voter.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 31, 2020, 11:49:12 AM
And once again everything will hinge on the backs of the fickle greater southern Ontario voter.
yep.

Good bitching times in sight ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2020, 10:40:29 PM
Is it: the Florida of Canada?

Toronto Man!

... just doesn't create the same feeling of impending weirdness as Florida Man. 😄
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-otoole-trump-1.5788016

Fairly innocuous story about Canadian leaders responding to the US election.  Both Trudeau and O'Toole say they're willing to work with whomever the US elects.

Singh on the other hand tweets out:

QuoteJagmeet Singh
@theJagmeetSingh
·
3h
VOTE HIM OUT

In 4 years Donald Trump has:

• Placed kids in cages

• Fanned the flames of hatred and division

• Failed 230,000 Americans, left dead because of COVID-19

Trump makes the world a more dangerous place for all of us and I hope to see him lose.

https://twitter.com/theJagmeetSingh/status/1323675076185804800?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

He's just not a serious politician - or at least he's not someone who ever expects to be Prime Minister.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Is he? At least he's honest unlike Trudeau. O'Toole is a Trumpist, so no surprise there.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 03:34:00 PM
He's just not a serious politician - or at least he's not someone who ever expects to be Prime Minister.

Trump is hated in Canada. Seems like a serious political play.

Sure it is a little risky if Trump pulls it out but it is not like a NDP government was going to be Trump's bud anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 03, 2020, 07:06:53 PM
Is he? At least he's honest unlike Trudeau. O'Toole is a Trumpist, so no surprise there.
How is O'Toole a Trumpist?  :huh:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 07:30:16 PM

Sure it is a little risky if Trump pulls it out but it is not like a NDP government was going to be Trump's bud anyway.

Yeah, Singh is not the PM and so he is free to say what most Canadians are thinking. 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 10:54:16 AM

Yeah, Singh is not the PM and so he is free to say what most Canadians are thinking.

Singh is not Prime Minister - nor does he ever expect to be Prime Minister.  If you expect to be PM one day you don't say things like this which would make it so hard to be PM.  Which is why he isn't a serious politician.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 10:56:47 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 10:54:16 AM

Singh is not Prime Minister - nor does he ever expect to be Prime Minister.

Please let me know the source of your superpower that lets you know what an individual believes will happen in the future.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 11:27:30 AM
Please let me know the source of your superpower that lets you know what an individual believes will happen in the future.

It would be helpful if you didn't crop out the rest of my post where I explicitly laid out my reasoning...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 11:30:21 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 11:27:30 AM

It would be helpful if you didn't crop out the rest of my post where I explicitly laid out my reasoning...

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that was the reasoning Singh would have.  That read a lot more like the reasoning of a Conservative rather than the leader of the NDP.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 11:33:32 AM
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that was the reasoning Singh would have.  That read a lot more like the reasoning of a Conservative rather than the leader of the NDP.
hence why Canada never had a NDP leader as its Prime Minister :P

viper37

So, Macro called Legault.  And he told him he really appreciated his unequivocal stance in favor of freedom of expression.  He didn't called Trudeau.

Of course, Legault piped about it during one of his daily press conference.  Just to get back at Trudeau.

It seemed it worked, since Trudeau doubled back on his previous declaration about the attacks...

That's a slap in the face for pretty boy right there.  Not since DeGaulle had a French president called Quebec without speaking with the Canadian PM at all.