News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Confirming that government only has authority over what it will offer to doctors who wish to perform those services.  :P

If government really had control it could not only change the tariff but force doctors to work under the tariff.  Plenty of health care professionals are fleeing the province or simply reverting to a fully private practice.  So much for control.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2020, 04:57:55 PM
Confirming that government only has authority over what it will offer to doctors who wish to perform those services.  :P

If government really had control it could not only change the tariff but force doctors to work under the tariff.  Plenty of health care professionals are fleeing the province or simply reverting to a fully private practice.  So much for control.

Who is fleeing the province?  This is breaking news from today.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

If one day, salaries of doctor in the US is reduce, it will help greatly our system.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2020, 04:59:10 PM

Have been since this government was electing.  Everyone in the field saw this coming.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2020, 05:31:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2020, 04:59:10 PM

Have been since this government was electing.  Everyone in the field saw this coming.

Link me baby.

crazy canuck

:rolleyes:

It's like you forget what I do professionally

edit: to add a little more context.  When the BC government lost its constitutional battle over the ability to unilaterally change union contracts through legislation it was clear that the only way a government could act to reduce health care costs was through non union health care workers.  What is the biggest group of non union health care workers in that province and what did the incoming government promise to do?

It's not exactly rocket science to have seen what was coming.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Barrister

Josephus

I didn't care much for her columns either, but, I actually met her a few times at various occasions, and she was an amazing story teller.  I have to say she was of a select breed. Old school till the end. She was very good at her job.
I knew she was very sick, a short time before she died. Was saddened to hear that.

Now Rosie on the other hand....

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 20, 2020, 04:40:25 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 20, 2020, 02:41:58 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 20, 2020, 08:24:43 AM
No one is angry here.

Quebec remembers Oka
because you're not affected yet.

Why would that change anything? I already live in a world full of inconvenience, I have 2 kids. I will adapt.
If you had to take a 3 hours bus ride to get to work and back from it, that could change your perspective.  If you found yourself out of groceries, that could also change your perspective.  Unless you plan of having a barn in your backyard? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

chipwich

Did you Canadians catch the guy who committed all that genocide last year?

viper37

Quote from: chipwich on February 21, 2020, 02:13:59 PM
uh... what?  Who? What genocide?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on February 21, 2020, 05:41:24 PM

Come to think of it, there are a lot of people missing in my neighbourhood.  I thought Maui, but now I am suspicious.

chipwich

The one Trudeau announced last year. I'm surprised Canadians don't talk about it.

viper37

Quote from: chipwich on February 21, 2020, 07:06:01 PM

The one Trudeau announced last year. I'm surprised Canadians don't talk about it.
ah, that one.  there's so many going on, it's hard to tell ;)

no, not afaik.