News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2016, 08:42:35 AM
The Weenimentalist are pissed off that we're still exploiting tar sands oil.

The Separatist are happy that the federal government keeps helping everyone but Quebec.

Do the Separatist understand the anger the announcement has caused in parts of BC?

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2016, 11:29:41 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2016, 08:42:35 AM
The Weenimentalist are pissed off that we're still exploiting tar sands oil.

The Separatist are happy that the federal government keeps helping everyone but Quebec.

Do the Separatist understand the anger the announcement has caused in parts of BC?

No, I don't even think they are aware of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

My prediction is that we will see 1 or 2 Liberal MPs from BC cross the floor to the NDP in the near future over the pipeline issue.  It is going to be a safe move for them since it is probable Liberals will be electable in those ridings for the foreseeable future.

viper37

I wouldn't bet anything on it.
It would require for the Liberal Party to be going nowhere, country-wise, and for the foreseeable future to see something like that happenning.

A loyal Liberal servant will never have problem finding himself/herself a good paying job at the end of its term.  Going NDP would likely close down some doors instead.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

It seems the Liberals are waging a war on science like never before.

This image was used by a Liberal minister to discredit the work by the comittee on the electoral reform.  Apparently, it's too complicated for the average canadian.

Then they say psychology is a real science...  :roll:

French article

It could have worst.  Imagine having a science minister who believes in science and a minister who doesn't think Canadians are all morons incapable of understanding a basic math formula.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

More evidence that Trump's brand of politics has infected Canada's right wing.  At a demonstration against the introduction of a carbon tax in Alberta the crowd started chanting "Lock her up" referring to Premier Notley.   What is your reaction to this BB?  Is this a reflection of the right wing in Alberta or just a bunch of wing nuts mindlessly repeating what they heard at Trump rallies.  Do they have any idea of how idiotic it is to call for their political opponents to be put in jail?  At least Trump had the thin veneer of an excuse when he claimed Clinton had done something illegal.   

viper37

That was idiotic.  That politician should have told his supporters to shut up.

Back to real news.
Now that the Libs are in power, Ontario will again be showered under money, all the while the Feds are threatening to cut funding to other provinces for various reasons.
1,5 billion$ to help the automobile industry is rumored.  Apparently, to remain competitive toward Mexico.  I guess they did learn their lessons from Trump's way of doing politics.  And our idiot government is going to do the same as the Trump.
Silly Libs. 

I guess now we know whom they met at their 1000$ dinners.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on December 06, 2016, 09:14:33 AM
That was idiotic.  That politician should have told his supporters to shut up.

Back to real news.
Now that the Libs are in power, Ontario will again be showered under money, all the while the Feds are threatening to cut funding to other provinces for various reasons.
1,5 billion$ to help the automobile industry is rumored.  Apparently, to remain competitive toward Mexico.  I guess they did learn their lessons from Trump's way of doing politics.  And our idiot government is going to do the same as the Trump.
Silly Libs. 

I guess now we know whom they met at their 1000$ dinners.

I always like reading your posts, Viper. In your universe, Ontario is always uniquely privileged and the federal government works hard for the exclusive benefit of Ontario, taking money from everyone else to give it to us.

Your universe is so much better than reality!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on December 06, 2016, 09:14:33 AM
all the while the Feds are threatening to cut funding to other provinces for various reasons.

What funding are the Liberals threatening to cut in BC? 

Back to the real news  :P
Notley is talking to the media here.  She is doing a very good job of making the case for the pipelines.  A much better job than her predecessors ever did.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 06, 2016, 10:50:44 AM
What funding are the Liberals threatening to cut in BC? 
health care transfers, for starters.  More to come in the next budget.  Keep my post for posterity, you'll see.  This is straight out of Chrétien's playbook.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 05, 2016, 06:41:58 PM
More evidence that Trump's brand of politics has infected Canada's right wing.  At a demonstration against the introduction of a carbon tax in Alberta the crowd started chanting "Lock her up" referring to Premier Notley.   What is your reaction to this BB?  Is this a reflection of the right wing in Alberta or just a bunch of wing nuts mindlessly repeating what they heard at Trump rallies.  Do they have any idea of how idiotic it is to call for their political opponents to be put in jail?  At least Trump had the thin veneer of an excuse when he claimed Clinton had done something illegal.   

Time for an Anchluss!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Looks like Clinton and Trump aren't the only ones with an eponymous foundation that receives surprisingly large numbers of foreign donations...

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/money-began-to-rain-on-trudeau-foundation-once-justin-took-over-liberals-analysis-shows

Not the Trudeau Foundation's full name is the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation, and was set up not so much as a tax dodge for a billionaire, but instead as a way of honouring a former PM.  But that still raises the question - why on earth did donations shoot up once Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister.  That surely can not be sheer co-incidence.  And once you accept that there is a correlation, there must be some kind of expected quid-pro-quo in the mind of donors, even if nothing explicit is ever said.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2016, 04:01:19 PMNot the Trudeau Foundation's full name is the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation, and was set up not so much as a tax dodge for a billionaire, but instead as a way of honouring a former PM.  But that still raises the question - why on earth did donations shoot up once Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister.  That surely can not be sheer co-incidence.  And once you accept that there is a correlation, there must be some kind of expected quid-pro-quo in the mind of donors, even if nothing explicit is ever said.

Potentially, yeah.

What do you propose we do?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2016, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2016, 04:01:19 PMNot the Trudeau Foundation's full name is the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation, and was set up not so much as a tax dodge for a billionaire, but instead as a way of honouring a former PM.  But that still raises the question - why on earth did donations shoot up once Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister.  That surely can not be sheer co-incidence.  And once you accept that there is a correlation, there must be some kind of expected quid-pro-quo in the mind of donors, even if nothing explicit is ever said.

Potentially, yeah.

What do you propose we do?

Publicize this information.  Ask Justin (and his brother, Alexandre, who sits on the board) questions about where these donations are coming from.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

That does not strike me as very much money :hmm:

How many of these donations are there? I know foreign agents kiss up to Trump by doing things like stay in his hotels before meeting him. They could just be like 'oh I just donated $1,000 bucks to your foundation...just saying.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."