News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: viper37 on September 13, 2016, 09:04:37 AM
Trudeau visits mosque with terror connections

better&better for our dear PM :)

I'm sure Jacob and Crazy Canuck can explain why there's nothing wrong with that.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josephus

Visiting a mosque with terror connections is a bit like visiting a synagogue with dentistry connections.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Josephus on September 13, 2016, 07:46:00 PM
Visiting a mosque with terror connections is a bit like visiting a synagogue with dentistry connections.

What are you, an anti-dentite?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Grallon

Quote from: Ancient Demon on September 13, 2016, 06:32:18 PM

I'm sure Jacob and Crazy Canuck can explain why there's nothing wrong with that.

What are you implying Zag?  It's called embracing diversity of course!  That's what multikulti, Canada's state religion, is all about- didn't you know?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

The maggots will sell us all out while deeming themselves worthier than everyone else - which is what this is really about: the moral high ground.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

Read veep's link; pretty flimsy "terrorist connection."

Oexmelin

The Muslim Brotherhood is also not DAESH, or Boko Haram, or whatever is left of Al-Qaeda. And Daniel Pipes is not some disinterested scholar of Islam either.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 14, 2016, 03:40:48 AM
The Muslim Brotherhood is also not DAESH, or Boko Haram, or whatever is left of Al-Qaeda. And Daniel Pipes is not some disinterested scholar of Islam either.

They are a pretty distasteful political movement though and their program should be condemned, not supported.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

I know nothing about the Imam in question, but that article is a classic of misinformation based on innuendo and half-truths, just based on what I do know.

Example paragraph, which the author of the article chose to end his piece with:

QuoteMetwally, who graduated from the Sunni Al-Azhar University in Egypt and is a member of the Council of Imams of Ottawa-Gatineau, is also described as a "senior Sharia researcher."

Oooh, scary.  :lol: The author is counting on its readers to have an allergic reaction to the word "sharia". Of course, you would expect an Imam to be knowledgeable about "sharia", which means nothing more that "Islamic law".

Similarly, this is hilarious:

QuoteSamy Metwally, the lead imam at the Ottawa Muslim Association, is a "a member of the International Union for Muslim Scholars (IUMS)", according to the mosque's website. In 2014 the United Arab Emirates placed the group on its list of designated terrorist organizations.

Well, that's definitive: the United Arab Emirates designated them a "terrorist organization". Must mean they are bona fide terrorists. Or maybe not: the UAE List is not exactly well received in the West. :hmm: But I guess the Sun approves more of the UAE than the American point of view.  :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/11/17/why-the-u-a-e-is-calling-2-american-groups-terrorists/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quoteooh, scary.  :lol: The author is counting on its readers to have an allergic reaction to the word "sharia". Of course, you would expect an Imam to be knowledgeable about "sharia", which means nothing more that "Islamic law".

That's nothing. I heard a local Yeshiva was trying to push Talmudic law.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

QuoteThe Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ... ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state".[13] Its mottos include "Believers are but Brothers", "Islam is the Solution", and "Allah is our objective; the Qur'an is the Constitution; the Prophet is our leader; jihad is our way; death for the sake of Allah is our wish".[14][15][16]

Nothing wrong here.  Absolutely nothing.  Besides, it's not like the MB has commited terrorist acts in Egypt, is committing terrorist acts in Egype, has funded and still is funding the Hamas.

And it's not like our PM judged it unworthy of his time to attend a 9/11 ceremonial the day before, either.  Oh wait, all of this is true :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2016, 08:11:27 AM

They are a pretty distasteful political movement though and their program should be condemned, not supported.
that.

I'm not asking for a live event flogging, just some decency from our Prime Minister.  Something Liberal supporters and other leftits seem incapable of understanding.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on September 14, 2016, 08:27:41 AM

QuoteThe Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ... ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state".[13] Its mottos include "Believers are but Brothers", "Islam is the Solution", and "Allah is our objective; the Qur'an is the Constitution; the Prophet is our leader; jihad is our way; death for the sake of Allah is our wish".[14][15][16]

Nothing wrong here.  Absolutely nothing.  Besides, it's not like the MB has commited terrorist acts in Egypt, is committing terrorist acts in Egype, has funded and still is funding the Hamas.

And it's not like our PM judged it unworthy of his time to attend a 9/11 ceremonial the day before, either.  Oh wait, all of this is true :)

Seems totally irrelevant. The article isn't even claiming the Imam in question was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Rather, it is claiming that the fellow is a member of some international organization of Muslim Scholars, which was allegedly founded by someone who was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

It's like a game of 'six degrees of terrorist separation'.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius