News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

é É

Here CC, now put it in a .txt file & you'll be able to copy paste it when the needs come
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2011, 10:03:05 AM

Here is a hint.  Trying to attack the Conservatives on their strong points is why they are on the verge of forming a majority government. 

That verge is diminishing with each passing poll.

QuoteAlso, you seem to think we have oil everywhere outside of Qubec and Toronto. :P

Zoupa's not too far from the truth. Other than Alberta the only area they're polling higher than 50 per cent is the praries, and that at 52 per cent. You seem to think  that everywhere outside of Quebec and Toronto doesn't include B.C and the Maritimes.  ;)

PS. Congrats on the Canucks  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2011, 10:13:06 AM
Zoupa's not too far from the truth. Other than Alberta the only area they're polling higher than 50 per cent is the praries, and that at 52 per cent. You seem to think  that everywhere outside of Quebec and Toronto doesn't include B.C and the Maritimes.  ;)

PS. Congrats on the Canucks  :)

They poll over 50% in a lot of BC ridings.  The Martimes do have oil and Conservatives do well in many ridings there so I assumed he was lumping them into his generalization..

Jacob

So what's going on with the Conservative infighting? Peledau (the head of the new Sun Network, allegedly aiming to be the Fox News of Canada) calling out one of Harper's senior campaign staff, and the campaign dismissing him?

I'm guessing it's some internal clashes of personality, but now seems like a bad time to have it out.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/981291--conservative-operative-s-dismissal-raises-ire-within-party-ranks?bn=1

Grey Fox

In Quebec, we usually refer to him as PKP.

Grallon

The nationalist leadership have their collective panties in a bunch with the rise of the NDP in Quebec. :P  The fools have demonized Jack and his orange bunch and now they might lose the majority of seats they've had for almost 20 years.  Such stupidity! *shakes head*

In any case this might be the breakthrough that will end the deadlock Quebec finds itself in.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Indeed.  Once they've realized they can vote for leftists without supporting the nationalists, Bloc fortunes will take a big hit, and the myth of Quebec seperatism as a force in current politics will be dealt a serious blow.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on April 28, 2011, 08:35:06 AM
Indeed.  Once they've realized they can vote for leftists without supporting the nationalists, Bloc fortunes will take a big hit, and the myth of Quebec seperatism as a force in current politics will be dealt a serious blow.

Not quite.  But I don't expect a foreigner to understand the nuances.  So long as there's a majority of french speakers in Quebec there will be nationalists and thus separatists.  Why do you think federasts are so hell bent on forcing mass immigration and multi-culturalism down our collective throats?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on April 28, 2011, 08:47:07 AM
Not quite.  But I don't expect a foreigner to understand the nuances.  So long as there's a majority of french speakers in Quebec there will be nationalists and thus separatists.  Why do you think federasts are so hell bent on forcing mass immigration and multi-culturalism down our collective throats?
I think you're too close to the issue.  Seperatism in Quebec has been taking a serious beating, ever since the aftermath of the referendum.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

If this really marks the end of Quebec massively electing the BQ we should reflect on it by being amazed that a party that could never do anything survive for so long.

It should have lasted 5 years, it's going on 20!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 11:26:32 PM
So what's going on with the Conservative infighting? Peledau (the head of the new Sun Network, allegedly aiming to be the Fox News of Canada) calling out one of Harper's senior campaign staff, and the campaign dismissing him?

I'm guessing it's some internal clashes of personality, but now seems like a bad time to have it out.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/981291--conservative-operative-s-dismissal-raises-ire-within-party-ranks?bn=1

There is someone out there that actually watches the Sun network?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 28, 2011, 11:14:48 AM
If this really marks the end of Quebec massively electing the BQ we should reflect on it by being amazed that a party that could never do anything survive for so long.

It should have lasted 5 years, it's going on 20!

I agree.  One explanation is that for much of that time there was no other option.  The Liberal party ruled without any viable opposition and so people picked what was available to them.  In Quebec the best opposition option was the BQ by default.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 28, 2011, 11:29:11 AMThere is someone out there that actually watches the Sun network?

I don't know, which is why I'm interested in hearing about it.

Jacob

All things considered, this election has been more interesting than expected so far. Apparently advanced polling was up by 30%; I'm looking forward to May 2nd whether we get a Conservative majority, Layton as PM or something in between.

Grey Fox

Coalition to save Canada!

I was wondering what our Conservative brothers think of this scenario.

Cons Minority, gets defeated at first occasion. Do you guys want a new Election?