News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

More good news for the NDP - and bad news for the Conservatives.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-more-canadians-believe-ndps-singh-would-make-a-better-pm-than-tories/

Who would be the best PM?

Trudeau 25%  Singh 19%  O'Toole 13%

Barrister

Green Party sends out a note to members confirming there is ongoing litigation between the Green Party of Canada, and the Leader of the party.  Cooler heads have definitely not prevailed.

https://twitter.com/aballinga/status/1417923031947780097
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Speaking of idiots, the Alberta government is removing the requirement to quarantine for people who test POSITIVE.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-covid-requirements-1.6121002

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

That certainly puts the Greens out of consideration for any sort of support - financial or otherwise - as far as I'm concerned.

crazy canuck

Looks like the election call is coming on Sunday.  Most of BC will have just gone through another heat dome.  It is 11:13 am and already 29C on our backdeck and heading to the high 30s by late afternoon - in the shade.  I am going out on a limb to say that climate change will be an election issue.

Rex Francorum

To rent

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 12, 2021, 01:15:51 PM
I am going out on a limb to say that climate change will be an election issue.
It's been an issue since the early 2000s.  Not that the Libs have done anything about it while in power.  Save for signing Kyoto accord and not respecting it.  And having a carbon tax with no plan while our emissions are still increasing.

Since I'm in favour of reducing our carbon emissions, I shall vote for the only party who has done so in the past. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Alberta's got municipal elections in mid-October too.  Seems like there's a lot of voting in my future. 

Still, I can't get excited about any of my elections.  Municipally, the council is extremely weak and most of the power is in the hands of the city manager, who is responsible but not responsive to council.  Federally, I don't really love Erin O'Toole.  He doesn't have Harper's quiet confidence.  I guess that's supposed to make him more approachable, but he just seems to keen.  I'd never vote for a party led by Justin Trudeau, the NDP is a non-starter and the Green Party seems to be battling over whether or not it's OK to hate Jews.  There seem to be two insane offshoots of the Conservative Party as well.  One is led by legendary flake Maxime Bernier, and the other is a band of hardcore populists that buy into all the stuff they see on Facebook.  It's not a very encouraging situation when you have an extremely challenging physical, social, economic and international environment.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Yeah, the options for this important time in history are not what one might hope.

Jacob

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 12, 2021, 09:36:08 PM
They typically aren't.
sometimes they are, but some people get easily swayed by leftist propaganda.  Meh.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2021, 01:52:00 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 13, 2021, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 12, 2021, 09:36:08 PM
They typically aren't.
sometimes they are, but some people get easily swayed by leftist propaganda.  Meh.

?

Lots of people are scared by the supposedly hidden agenda of the Conservative party.  At least some on this forum who've expressed it directly.

Since it never happened in the years they governed, I say it's a myth.