And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 10:39:50 PM
Ugh pc won a majority.

This would normally be a good thing if it weren't for the foul stench of Trumpian populism infecting them :hmm:

I hope his vicious attacks on Canada have brought forth patriotic love for their country in the heart of every Conservative so that they might sneer at his antics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 10:39:50 PM
Ugh pc won a majority.

This would normally be a good thing if it weren't for the foul stench of Trumpian populism infecting them :hmm:

I hope his vicious attacks on Canada have brought forth patriotic love for their country in the heart of every Conservative so that they might sneer at his antics.

In defence of Doug Ford...

There definitely is a resemblance between the Fords and Trump.  Which disquiets me.  But Doug Ford is not some Trump wannabe - him and his brother were like this well before Trump came on the scene.  And he and his brother did run into Toronto City Hall on a basic message of cutting waste, so I have some hope on the fiscal front.

And at least the fucking NDP didn't win.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

You won't be laughing when he puts bigly tariffs on Alberta :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

I mean I didn't want to vote liberal, but I did cause no way I was voting ndp, but this was a bad outcome.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 10:55:26 PM
I mean I didn't want to vote liberal, but I did cause no way I was voting ndp, but this was a bad outcome.

Condolences.

It's interesting how the Ontario right wing populists have such low moral standards for their candidates. None of this clean and honourable stuff for them - ripping off your brother's widow or running candidates in legal trouble seem perfectly fine.

I guess at least they're not the NDP.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on June 07, 2018, 11:51:04 PM

Indeed.  Having lived as a GOA employee under three years of NDP rule, I know of what I speak.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2018, 12:30:03 AM

Indeed.  Having lived as a GOA employee under three years of NDP rule, I know of what I speak.

:rolleyes:

Josephus

I need to move out of this province. CC, are you renting a room in your house?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 10:55:26 PM

Even I have my limits :lol:  I was hoping for a minority government.

Malthus

I would have voted NDP, but I thought the Liberal guy in my area had the better chance, so I held my nose and voted Liberal ... I was wrong, he came third.  <_< I should have voted NDP. Not that it would have made a difference, mind.

My neighbor's lawn sign seemed very appropriate for this election:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Because we live in a crazy world, usually a PC government & premier in Ontario is good for Quebec.

so, I guess, yay!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 08, 2018, 07:12:39 AM

Certainly  :)

BB

The only difference between your logic and a Trump supporter is replace the word Clinton with NDP

Valmy

Of course Clinton was disliked by NDP types...which was part of the reason she lost.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 08, 2018, 08:29:49 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 08, 2018, 07:12:39 AM

Certainly  :)

BB

The only difference between your logic and a Trump supporter is replace the word Clinton with NDP

K, thanks. Will likely move Canada Day weekend.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011