News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

QuoteIf you disagree actually disagree instead of just flinging insults.

After 245 pages I have said everything I am going to say. Besides, what is to argue with statements like there's no need to talk about the hostages because too much have been talked about them as opposed to the Gazans? (I wonder if you made a comparison of, say, number of Guardian articles on each, how much that'd stand up)

Or that consider the motivations of those calling for hostages to be freed? Or that that hostage kid was killed by Israel anyways so who cares?

This is some incredibly low-sunk stuff.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on Today at 09:48:21 AM
QuoteIf you disagree actually disagree instead of just flinging insults.

After 245 pages I have said everything I am going to say. Besides, what is to argue with statements like there's no need to talk about the hostages because too much have been talked about them as opposed to the Gazans?
I never said that.
I disagreed with the idea that there needs to be a special effort to attract attention to their plight.
We, and more importantly those who can actually do something about it, are well aware. The current course of action is (on the surface at least) all about that at the expense of all else.

QuoteOr that consider the motivations of those calling for hostages to be freed?
Exactly. Its not just the surface message that matters. Its the motivations of those using it.

QuoteOr that that hostage kid was killed by Israel anyways so who cares?
Convenient that a death doesn't matter if its at the hands of the Israeli military.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

QuoteConvenient that a death doesn't matter if its at the hands of the Israeli military.

Convenient that if a hostage dies in an attempt to free them its not the hostage taker's fault.

But I am not going to rejoin this hateful madness you, Raz, Viper and Otto are dancing in.

You can see from this thread how easily people can be riled up to have absolutely abhorent views and declarations.

Jacob

The US vetoes full membership for Palestine in the UN.